Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
potter's ponds/blue lake/snow lake/joes valley/millers flat/clevland/huntington report
Reporting from Honalulu (building a starbucks at the honalulu airport this week) So here is my belated vacation week above mentioned lake's report
Joes valley : slow, little to know action
millers flat: fair for small fish with jakes lure or fly and bubble (muddy shoreline due to low levels)
cleveland : a bit slow but for some nice football 15-16" rainbows
Huntington: was very slow from shore
petes hole: ok for small planters with power bait or worm, slow with fly's
snow lake : good for some better size planter rainbows and tigers 13-14" with fly's or baits
blue lake was excellant for planter's (pan size with an occasional larger one) Fly and bubble was the ticket here.
Potters ponds were non stop action with fly and bubble
best fly was a royal coachman at most locales. However the deadliest was a stupid orange k-mart special out of a 10 for $3 pack that I would have never believed until I watched my son catch 3 to our 1 fish with that silly looking thing ( must have looked like hatchery food or something)
And last but not least Confusedcenery was excellant all week from sun up untill sun down, non stop.
[signature]
From paradise to paradise! What a life. Those are some great little ponds down that way. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
wow Lonnie sounds like you were busy,busy!! them lakes up that way are realy fun this time of year.. good to hear you had a good time..

for some reason Huntinton has been slow all year this year.. with a day every now and then throwen in where it's great fishing.. go figure..lol.. it good to hear the fish in cleveland are makeing a good come back.. that was one of my favrite icefishing spots for years..

kind of surprized that Joe's Valley was slow tho? it should be picking up with the colder wether comeing on now..[unsure]

hey dont have to much fun over there.. lol and DO try and get out on a charter boat and get 1 or 2 of them big tuna thay got running around out there!! it's great fun!!
[signature]
I did that trip recently! (See my report about 2 weeks ago), we did Joes Valley, Huntington, Electric Lake, Benches Flat and even hit Jordanelle and Utah Lake on the way up and back. We (My brother, cousin and I) now refer to that trip as our "Lake hopping extravaganza" trip. We caught fish at every lake, and I believe we ended up with quite a few different species of fish caught, including White Bass, Tiger Trout, Splake, Cutthroat, Rainbow, Chub, Perch, etc. We used a small 14 foot boat that we could hand launch at the lakes like Huntington and Cleveland.
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Hey fuzzy
I'm hoping to get out on a charter for marlin (up to a 1000 lbs) this week. It depends on the time I have available. I will be over here 5 times in the next 4 months (4 more starbucks to build) some jobs are on the outer islands where the fishing tends to be a little better. I spent 2 yrs. here in the late 70's on a LDS mission and met a few boat owners (all on the big island) So I will most likely take my family over in a month or so , and get my 13 nyear old boy out with me. Good thing he's a big kid (5'10" 170 lbs at recently turned 13) Maybe the marlin won't pull him in. I'll take pics and report when I go. Lonnie
[signature]
yeah well fine go after the Marlin insted! [Tongue] lol..
i had a chance to go there this summer for a job but as it turned out there was nothing wrong with the turbin so no repair's needed.. darn it!! [mad]
i have been there 2 other times.. and must say great place to visit but i dont make enough money to live there!! [unsure]

good luck on the Marlin or tuna both are great fun!
[signature]