Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading to powell / Bullfrog
Me and buddy (not on this board) are heading to bullfrog on the 22nd 23rd and 24th for the striper boils. Anyone else going to be down there ????
[signature]
Last I heard the boils were still up lake near Good Hope. If you want to float some anchovies go up just past Mokie to marker 99a and fish along the wall to the right. We had a ball there a couple weeks ago. Could'nt keep them off the hooks

Have fun
a-b
[signature]
Sorry I don't know teh lake that well. How far up from bullfrog is that. Plus with water temps dropping I hear teh stipers really start to boil there that time of year any hlp would be great thanks
[signature]
BullFrog is about Marker 94 if I remember right. Moki canyon is at 99. Whe you hit Moki cruise along the wall past the canyon opening and watch your fish finder if you have one. If not I would troll about 20 yards out from the wall and when you get hits stop and drop either anchovies or jigs such as cast masters or something similar. We were catching them anywhere from 20' to 60' down. if they are slow starting try chumming with chopped up anchovies.
I used about a 3/8 oz jig head with a chunk of anchovie and they would usually hit it on whe way down. There were four of us in my boat and at times we had all four hooked up at the same time.

a-b
[signature]
I will be getting back to Powell for the forst time in a long time, but not until mid-October. UEA weekend at Defiant lodge with the family. Any chance the fishing will still be good?
[signature]
The fishing is good into Dec. on most years.....

[signature]