Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Tetonka in Waterville
Went down to Lake Tetonka with 1iceman last weekend. The weather was miserable but the trip was definitely worth it! What a relaxing time, even if the fishin' wasn't all that great.

We got there Friday afternoon. The sun was hiding behind some grey clouds. The wind was howing across the lake at us at around 10-15 mph. The temps dropped into the 50's. So what do we do? We hop in Hoggie's boat (great guy he is) and race across the lake to some shallow weeds. We're in 3 feet of water and the wind isn't as noticeable.

1iceman is using a large jointed Rapala in a yellow color. His second cast, the Rapala gets nailed by a large Walleye! Not sure of the actual length or weight... it got away boatside but everybody that saw it estimated it was easily 7 lbs.

I had a couple hits by some Northern Pike. No hooksets though. Went and joined the rest of the group back at the resort where we were staying. Had a great time talking and getting blasted by the cold wind.

Next morning, we do a little bit of shore fishing. I'm using my 7 foot med-light rod with a Mimic Minnow on it. Catch some weedfish. Throw them back. Nothing seems to be biting but I do eventually get a bump and run from a white bass. 1iceman heads back to the cabin and I keep fishing. I decide to try an erratic action and wham! Get me a 1 lb smallmouth bass. Throw him back cuz it's time to head to the cafe for some grub!

Caught me just one more fish and it just happened to be at the same location, same type, and about the same size. But a smaller lure. Couldn't get a bite on anything else I threw.
[signature]
Great report DrowenDesertRat ..[Smile][Wink]
but that Rapala was lime green/white just above the weeds and some times in the weeds..

for some reason that was my only fish the whole weekend..

gezz i can wait till ice fishing..
[signature]