Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stawberry & Jordanelle 9/15
Hit the Berry again with my cousin Friday morning. We launched his 14 foot boat at the Ladders a little after daylight...after waiting 1/2 hour for it to stop raining! We got out and started catching fish jigging and conditions were optimal for about 1/2 hour, then the wind started. Pretty soon it was an ocean out there. Since it was only 10:00 a.m. and we had 5 more hours before meeting somebody for a Elk hunting scouting trip, we decided to go try MudCreek to see if we could escape the wind. Well, it was calm for about an hour and then the wind changed direction and blew us off the lake again. We ended up with 25 Cutts and 1 Rainbow. 5 of the Cuts were 22" +. We thought that was ok given the miserable conditions. Well anyway, we had a few hours yet before meeting our buddies, so we headed to Jordanelle Rock Cliffs, mostly just to go for a ride, not planning on launching the boat or anything as we figured it would be windy there also. So we got there and fished for about 15 minutes from the shore and caught 8 Perch when our friends called and were early and waiting for us in Heber. I would have liked to have stayed and caught more perch, they were kind of fun to catch!

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Thanks for the report and good job on the numbers considering the conditions. Jordanelle perchies are always a blast to catch!
[signature]
Thanks for the report,can't wait to get up to Strawberry!
[signature]
Thanks for the report Randy. I like your approach when it comes to fishing. You take it serious, you get after it, make good use of your time, dont' let the weather stop you but still using good judgement. Way to GET-R-DONE!
[signature]
Sounds like you got into some nice ones too... 5 above the slot is great!!! [Smile]
[signature]
Sounds like the weather blew chunks, but you guys hung in there and put the smack on some troutskis! Nice work.
[signature]
Well done Randy. Not bad at all for a few hours and lousy weather.
[signature]