Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted! Your Boating Safety Tips
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]With the recent drowning in Bear Lake I think it would be an appropreiate time to reflect on how dangerous our sport can be. I am asking that everyone help me make a list of safety recommendations and tips that can help each one of us be better and safer participants, based on our experiences. If everyone can try and put down just one boat or water safety tip maybe we can help educate a less experienced BFT'er and avoid another tragedy. Also maybe one misfortune can help others avoid the same fate. So, since I'm first I'm taking the easiest but most important.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 6]Wear a [#ff0000]PFD[/#ff0000] or [#ff0000]P[/#ff0000]ersonnal [#ff0000]F[/#ff0000][#000000]lo[/#000000]tation [#ff0000]D[/#ff0000]evice. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 5](edit) think about attaching a plastic whistle and a cheap stainless dive knife to you PFD. For obvious reasons the whistle can save your bacon. If you are floating at night and the search boats are out, they can miss you by 50 yards and never hear your screams for help. Also a readily accessible knife can be an invaluable tool in an emergency. Besides it looks really cool hanging there and makes you look like you know what you're doing![Wink][/size][/font] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]Be Safe out there![/size][/font][/center]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Wanted! Your Boating Safety Tips - by BearLakeMack - 02-15-2003, 02:24 AM