[#008000][cool]Has anyone created a fly that has been productive?[/#008000]
[signature]
YES!
[signature]
I copy productive flies with zeal.
[signature]
I have too.
[signature]
[#008000][/#008000][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]One of the reasons why I asked the question was that as I practice tying I find that I get carried away improvising on the fly lesson of the day. Partly due to a limited supply of various materials. Once this heat wave is over in a month or so am going to give my strange collection of new flies a bath. Wonder if the trout also go to school learning what flies are really suspose to look like.[/size][/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3] [Wink]
[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Good luck on the new creations. Feel like Dr. Frankenstien?[laugh][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Be sure and post pictures of what works, k?[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Some of my most memorable fly fishing trips involved a vomit inhibiting fly i created. It never hurts to mix it up or add a tail or different color thread.[Wink] I tie a hares ear without the tinsel and use a hi-viz flouro orange floss to build up a neck(i say this because it is lower than the head) and i tear up the whities and browns on it. I'll put up a pic on this thread in a bit.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I, like many or all, get ideas out of magazines a lot. Fly Tyer is one of my favorite. In the summer 2006 issue, there is an article about off set bead heads. I can see where this could work, so I tied up a few all purpose PT soft hackles. I will be giving them a try hopefully this weekend, then I will let you know if I have found a new favorite:[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][Image: offsetbead009.jpg][/size][/black][/font]
[Image: offsetbead022.jpg]
[signature]
FG:
No that looks very interesting.
I am anxious to hear your thoughts on how it fishes.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I used a tungsten bead on a straight pin, cut to little short of hook length. I fished it with a sinking line. It worked fantastic. Watch it in the water and it floated more natural (straight). I only ties Pheasant Tails, but will tie several more patterns like this. I do think the sof hackle collar helps.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]