Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitefish streamer pattern
Anyone have a good pattern for a whitefish streamer? I caught a brown on the S. Fork this year that I took home, and it had a 3 inch whitefish smolt in its gut. I was figuring that on the S. Fork and the Weber this would be hot in the fall during the spawn. I have some white zonkers, but they are not quite right. Any suggestions?

katghoti
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Check out the GARTSIDE SOFTHACKLE you can add different marabou to get cool colors.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Here is a tip and a confession. Try a gray Rapala on your fly rod. You cannot cast it like a fly but just flip it and strip it accross the current just like a streamer. But HANG ON TIGHT!
[signature]
[reply]
Anyone have a good pattern for a whitefish streamer? ...

An all white Lefty's Deceiver. Practically perfect.[/reply]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there eBob - took a look at your web site - very nice. However, there are several political statements that really don't belong on this board. Infact they would be more suited for the Not Necessarily Fishing board. Would appreciate it if you would remove the link in your post above. Wouldn't want folks that visit this board to get in a big discussion about the war. Thanks for your cooperation.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]