Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bubbleup Bass
Put in at the state park, and after seeing how much Utah Lake resembled pea soup, decided to run to the bubbleup where I knew there would be some clearer water. Put out minnows and crawlers with just a couple of pickups but no fish. My girlfriends son was getting bored with it all so I rigged him up a bobber with a small piece of crawler and tossed it right on the "bubble". It wasn't 10 seconds later he was hauling in a nice 10" white bass. Another 10 seconds didn't pass before there were now 2 bobbers being cast on the water and the fish were coming pretty much every 30 seconds or so - some small - some keepers. I had to get in on the action so I put on a number 2 silver Mepps and just started casting across the bubbleup and hooked into a fish every 2 or three casts. Ended up taking home 15 nice whites and releasing countless others. Great fun! Now, about those walleyes ...... ???
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report. At least the whities wanted to play. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Don't know what to say about the walleyes. They have been scarce around the lake this year. Certainly not like last year. Might be all the extra habitat and shoreline structure. Might be simply more food for them and not so hungry. Those little 4" white bass are wallie candy and they pig out on them. Swarms of them around the lake so the walleyes are not what you would call easy pickin's.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Once the lake settles down from the recent storms and the algae subsides, there should be more clarity and better fishing for all species. I will be working around the edges of the whole lake, trying to get a handle on it myself.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]How's the new boat working out?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
The new boat is working out great - set up with 3 depthfinders, fishing chairs on the front and rear decks, downriggers, .... plenty of cupholders for when the fishies aren't biting [Wink] ... and even the BFT stickers on the windows! I have been monitoring your posts and have not managed to be off from work when you go off to Starvation or elsewhere ... would love to get to see the master in action sometime!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'd love to fish with ya, even if I have to get out of my tube and into a (ugh) boat.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hey, PM me with your schedule and I will make it work, somehow.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have a bajillion minnows frozen up, ready to go...both redsides and chubs.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
this time of year the bubble up can be loads of fun, all the way into late Nov. and maybe until ice up, I've just fished it in later nov. never hook an eye in nov. at the bubble up just whitebass. we just vertical jigged 3in. tails. most of the time and would cast sometimes. Hey Pat, are we still on for the the 3rd. ?? we might have some weather, I'm game for anykind, just no hurricanes.
later chuck
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You're on my dance card, sweetie. Do I gotta bring flowers?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Walleyes and weather both start with W. Is that a coincidence or what?[/#0000ff]
[signature]