Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Info
Haven't seen any reports from Willard since the cold front passed.Has anybody heard any info lately?I'll be out there this afternoon...i'll report tomorrow.
[signature]
I'll be looking FWD to it.[Tongue]
[signature]
Fished Willard Tues. a.m. Perfect conditions - nearly dead calm, no bugs and very few boats. Water temp was in the high 50s. Caught several wipers trolling (2 mph) and casting between the south marina and feedlot.
[signature]
Sent you a pm.
[signature]
I dont know that this is much help, but I was on Willard on Sunday afternoon on my pontoon and only caught 1 wiper. I was with two other friends who said that is was the smallest wiper they had ever caught but non the less it was my first wiper and I was excited to have caught one.
[signature]
I played hookie from work Tuesday and went for 6 hours, did alot cruising around and playing with different gear one. Boated 7 wipers on the north dike using all different plastics/crankbaits. I did catch one catfish on a dropshot, I thought for sure it was a wiper. I've never fished for the kitties out there so it was a nice surprise. I released all but one wiper for dinner so there are atleast 6 wipers that are hungry[Wink]. Good luck when you go out. Do you know if the walleye action turns on in the fall like it does in the spring???
[inline WILLARDCAT.jpg]
[signature]
I can't help ya on the fall walleye fishery. I usually just fish for wipers in the fall.We ended up doing pretty well last night.I took a co-worker who had never caught a wiper and he sure had a blast.It was one of those perfect evenings...flat,glassy calm, a few areas of bugs, and good fishing.The fish weren't staying up too long but they were still marking good on the graph, so we just stayed in the area and kept casting and got 'em good that way.
[signature]