Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirror Lake Hwy 9/27
I had an unexpected reprive from work so after a few honeydo's I headed for the Uintas. I got to Mirror Lake around noon. I fished all the way around the lake and except for one spot where I caught 5 bows couldn't even get a bite.

I decided to move on and went on down the road to Butterfly Lake. I fished around this little lake also. On the point that sticks out toward the road I caught 3 bows. Then as I got clear around to where I started, right by the road I found where they were hiding. I ended up with 19 total for this lake.

The fish were still biting but I decided to check out some other lakes before I ran out of daylight. I tried Pass Lake next. One fish and several bites later I decided to move on.

Next was Lost lake. I made one cast but didn't like what I saw there so I went across the road to Lilly Lake. Fish were rising there and it just looked a lot better. Caught two fish on the first cast and kept right on catching them until sunset and it got to cold to keep at it. I caught 12 bows in about 20 minutes.

The bigest fish and fastest fishing was from Lilly. The smallest fish and the slowest fishing was a Mirror. I kept two of the largest about 16" and left the rest for someone else.
[signature]
Using flies, lures, or bait?
[signature]
Fly and bubble
[signature]
Sure is fun to fish up there, but it is amazing how fast it cools off when the sun decided to go away! Thanks for the report.
[signature]