Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Payson Lake 9-28
My Fat Cat (tube) hasn't gotten any exercise for several weeks, and I was able to get off early from work, so off we went to Payson Lake for a couple of hours. The autumn colors were spectacular on the ride up. Conditions in the high country couldn't have been better. The fishing was excellent. I hammered nice chunky bows and a brookie or 2 all night. Early on I was using small gold mepps spinners, then I switched to flies. Kept a couple for dinner and released the rest. There were few people there, but a couple of shore tanglers had done well also. Great evening on the pond.

I enjoy going for other species in the spring and summer, but in the fall, trout action in the high country is hard to beat.
Tight lines.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hitting the higher lakes at this time of year can be a religious experience. Something just very basic and primal about it. Kinda like some guys have their necks swell up during the hunting season.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nice report. Glad you were able to wash the dust off the tube and do a "brain broom" (my term).[/#0000ff]
[signature]