Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 9-29-2006
Moose and I took a friend to Willard this evening. Not a lot of action, but the wipers we caught were bigger than any we caught previously. Got there around 4:30, fished the south marina from the marina to the feed lot next to the dike, got in one small boil, put 2 fish in the boat, one was lost right up next to the boat.

Then later we were at the west dike and got in a few small boils, had several small boils just out of casting range, and before we got to them they were gone. All in all, pretty fun, put 5 nice sized wipers in the freezer. For once we did not get a single cat.

The wipers are still a little active, but nothing like a few weeks ago. But still a good time.

( btw - and this time I didn't cut myself fileting the fish!!!! )

Barry
[signature]
nice report Barry. what where you throwing?
[signature]
Moose designs and makes lures. We were throwing his "Loose Moose", which is his version and design of a chatterbait lure. The ones that Moose makes has more action and vibration than either the original chatterbait, or the booyah brand chatterbait. We have bought both and compared.

Moose sells these lures. The ones we were using last night were white, or white and chartruse, with either a pumpkin, black, or white colored head on the jig. Also we have done well with a black/pepper/grey skirt and a silver and blue skirt.
[signature]
thanks for the info i think i saw one of those lures in an earlyer post. again thanks for sharing
[signature]
Where can we look at/buy these lures?
[signature]
email nomoose@aol.com that is moose's email address. He can send you a pic of them.

Barry
[signature]