Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice??????
[Smile] All we do here in Wisconsin, between Oct. 30 and First Ice is hope.

What happens in you all part of the world ?
[signature]
we go deer hunting, walleye fishing, and chase little squril tails gathering nuts.[cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey duke-i,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Out here in the wild west we do a lot of fall fishing(some of the best all year). We also gear up for the winter activities like skiing, snowshoeing and winter camping. Not to mention all of the ice fishing preparations - sharpen the auger blades, wax the sled, spool up the ice reels and get the rest of the tackle ready before first ice-up. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]It's coming soon ! We've already had over a foot of snow here and we will probably be getting more this week. [/size][/black]
[signature]
[reply]
we go deer hunting, walleye fishing, and chase little squril tails gathering nuts.[cool] [/reply]
YUP
[signature]
[cool] All we have had here is frost on the pumpkin. But the wether persons are predicting lows in the 30's and highs in the 40's, so ice is just around the bend.
[signature]
weatherman said there was frost on our pumpkins this morning, I ran out side to see for my self, nope, no frost there, I picked one any way, I had a hankerin for another pumpkin pie...[Tongue] just put one of two in the oven, I stuck the other one in the freezer to wait for this one to try to make it past breakfast.[angelic]

I would have gotten some cool whip to go on top, but lets face it, by the time I remember cool whip, I have half a pie eaten....[shocked]
[signature]
Kinda hard to freeze when it's 50 about don't yea think dave..?

just think we'll have in no time when the temp drops off the deep end..it sounds like maybe by friday there will be ice on small ponds around here but then maybe not never trust a weather man..
[signature]
[Wink][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]The only ice that I ever see here in SOCAL is in my martini[/size][/green][/font].
[signature]
[shocked] Is that Gin ? I like dry ones
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Oh yes. Bombay is the gin of my choice. About 3 oz. on crushed ice. Two olives to smooth the sucker out.[/size][/green][/font]
[/center] [right]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=18995;][/right]
[signature]
[Image: Image5.gif][font "Times New Roman"]Beefeaters the same way with a splash ot water (not to much) Cheers!!!!!![/font][font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[signature]
Last year ice was at a premium it was short lived but what I did manage was good. Couldn't take the 4 wheeler because it was thin. We hope this year will be better the winter gets very long if you can't get on the ice. Some lakes here don't get much presure if they don't get ice fished so when we get out it should be a good year.
[signature]
talk about a long winter, its been about 22 months now for me since I last saw decent ice. I may as well be living next door to Dryrod, altho' I dont think we will get along, I prefer Gelby martinies, no vermoth, extra wet - about fifty fifty Gin and Squirt ...[laugh]
[signature]
I think the weather man has been reading my lack of ice wineing on the boards here, now he is predicting snow for wensday.
[signature]
I will get the snow befor you will, I will make sure you get some sent from Wi. just for you ( a flake LOL)
[signature]
I thought you said a flake, you sent eight inches worth.[Smile]
[signature]
You are ever so welcome, bettre you than me.
[signature]
And we have ICE yea thats right Green Bass lake in crow wing countey has a thin layer of ice..not walkable but if it stays like this it won't take long..

highs around green bass was in the lower 30's most of this week..winds were out of the noth west at 35-45 mph most of the week..
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"]Had ice in the bucket of water for the dog, last night. she had to brake to drink. Have to get out the wormer out, no snow for her to eat. But with the 50 degree wether coming up It will take a little longer.[img]Image3.gif[/img][Image: Image3.gif][/font]
[signature]