Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ripleys believe it or not
How about a thread on amazing but true experiences while fishing? I will start off with my strange but true story.

Today while we were fishing at Electric Lake, I accidently dropped my forceps down my ice hole, in approximately 50 feet of water. A few hours later I dropped my line to the bottom and started reeling it up a few cranks when I felt something on my line. I thought maybe I had hooked a piece of sagebrush, or something similar, and I was amazed when my forceps came through the ice hole, nicely hooked on my small ice jig through the handle.
[signature]
[crazy] OK, guys here is one for the books. I was up to the Berry two weeks ago with my son for a day of fishing, and met up with Teroy and some of his friends there. We tried everything we had and nothing was working, so as usual I reeled up my line so I could change my bait and lure.

I had chosen the new ice fly that I wanted to use and was preparing it to tie on. I cut the lure off ,set my pole down so I could tie on the ice fly, we had been so frustrated about not catching anything all day that while I was tying on the ice fly I noticed that my strike indicator was bobbing like crazy in the hole and I got all excited about finally catching a fish. Then I realizedthat it was me pulling on the damn line trying to tie on the ice fly. My son and I both laughed like crazy for the longest time. In case you are wondering YES, I did feel pretty STUPID, and it is pretty funny even now.

AFDan52
[signature]
Kent, it sounds like your luck has changed. You catch some great fish at Bear lake to start the year off and now, what's the odds of you catching a pair of forceps that you dropped in 50ft of water? And catching that many fish at Electric lake, WOW, those wipers don't have a chance this year. WH2
[signature]
been there too ! night fishing lake erie for some cats , casted out then sat back and waited , rod started to go crazy , picked it up , nothing ! this went on for about two hours , then a big breese came off the bay and my rod went up in the air about 4 feet , you guessed it , i was hung up in a tree !

my ohio fishing buddys won't let this story die either , year after year , one of them will check my line after a cast then look up at the trees and say , just checking , then the whole group breaks out into a roaring laugh !
[signature]
One year while fishing the Green, a rapala seemed to be the thing to use. Personally, being more of a flyfisherman, I didn't have one. My buddy, who was using one, lost his last one in a snag. You guessed it. I snagged his rapala with my fly and reeled it back in. Like a good soldier, I gave it back to him.
[signature]
[cool]OK i know you guys arnt going to believe this. Wide open tuna bite 100# to 200# fish taking the paint off the side of the boat. Whats a deckhand to do? Could'nt put a line in the water. So i did what any stupid 18 year old would do. I grabed a gaff and stuck the frist fish swiming by. MAJOR MISTAKE it was a 150# plus big eye tuna. Do'nt know how i hung on to the gaff to another deck hand came over with another gaff to help me get it over the side and on to the deck. And being so hot ending up bounching all over the deck and knocking people down. My captian was pretty hot after that and if it wasnt for the fact i worked with him for 3 years i would have been fired BELIEVE IT OR NOT

aquaman
[signature]