Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the berry
myself, a co-worker and the in-law hit the berry this morning with our toons at 8am. water temp was 50 and when we left at noon it was 52. what a perfect morning, the water was like glass up till about 11:30. we all caught 7 fish apiece and released them all.
we didn't find the honey hole like d-mack did but it was fantastic anywho. [cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the report . Looks Like Jakes is where you played . When the weeds start falling a part in there it usually is real good fishing for some nice fish . I always did best if I fished the weed edge about 30' of water .
[signature]
we were at jake's bay indeed. i caught most of my fish in about 30-35 foot of water today. i had one to the toon that i'm guessing would have been 24-25 inches long and i don't know how much it would have weighed.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice report, Red. Glad you got out to play and that you had a nice day on the water.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sounds like a fun day. Is the water turning over now? Sometimes that green slime can get out of control!
[signature]
Thanks for the report,sorry I could not go with you!Glad Jacks bay was good to you.Which side of the bay did you fish?
[signature]
Fished the berry Sunday with FishingPro40, B4B and his son. Never did get into any fast action but it was steady enough,but slow, from the get go to the end of the day to get a dozen a piece. Did find one good school and threw out a marker but my buddy that was in his boat camped over the spot and got into some fast fishing. His family of 4 must of caught a couple dozen apiece. I havn't had the luck this fall compared to the last couple years may be PiscisPursuit can teach me something this Wednesday.
[signature]
I fished Strawberry for 3 days over the weekend and had a great time. Weather was nice and the wind was never real bad.
Fished from my toon with fly rod and buggers most of the time. Fishing was good but not real hot for me. I want to try jigging from a boat someday.
[signature]
Thanks for the great report and pics. I fished at the ladders last Thursday and we did not do that well. I am not familiar with Jakes Bay. Where is that located and would you recommend it for a kick boat? Thanks
[signature]
Looks like the jigs were working for you Red. Were you using any bait with them?
What is the smaller jig in one of the pictures.
Where is Jakes Bay from CCE?
[signature]
there was very little moss at all. quite suprising.
[signature]
we fished on the east side down by the cut in the hill.
[signature]
you are the jig master, so hopefully you will kick some butt on wednesday. good luck.
[signature]
jake's bay or some know it as chicken creek east. it is the last turnoff before the ladders, there is a sign there.
i would highly recommend it for a kick boat. we drove right to the water and launched our toons.
[signature]
Dale, i used pieces of minnow and nightcrawler. had best results with the minnows. i used 2 1/2 inch white jigs and green chartruse ones. as far as i know jake's bay and chicken creek east are the same.
[signature]