Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 10-1-06
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] My son Chris and I fished Bear lake together today, we launched at the Bear Lake Marina at 8am. A little later than planned as one of us overslept, ( me ) hey I was tired. [/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] Anyway after launching we headed directly to the Rock Pile to have a look see. They were there but not like I was hoping. we decided to jig for a while and see what happens. Chris hooked up with a nice 5.4 lb'er 25 incher almost right away. As luck would have it, it was Chris's First Bear Lake Lake Trout and he was hoot'n and holler'n. [/size][/#ff0000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] [/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] After a while we tried trolling,[/size][/#ff0000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] Chris hooked up again this time his pole was pulled to the water. I have never seen anyone so excited as he was, but it didn't last very long. Not sure what happened but the line went limp and it was gone , just thayt fast. Spit the hook. Oh well we will get them next time.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] Water temp was 56 degrees and water was glass - like most of the day. Trolling speed was1.3-1.8mph at 45-85 ft.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] Saw Bodine 11 on the water, talked to him for a minute seems he was doing very well with 11 at that time. Good to see you again Jeff. Anyway I had a great day on Bear Lake with my son.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Nice Report Dan. Glad to see you had a little action. I will be up there in about ten days and i'm going to fish for five days, As long as the weather doesnt blow me off the water.

Good on ya Chris for your first bear lake mack!

RILEY
[signature]
Nice report, I take it you got your boat fixed. I will be up there on friday,sat sun,mon,tues . I just BLM wil be able to take me out and show me how to land those bad boys. To date I have never ever got a bite from that lake.I hope I can change that!!!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] Actually I didn't do anything to it. The darn thing started working on it's own, and has been fine. I am still wondering if there is a solinoid somewhere in there? Anyway everything was working just fine.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] I was hoping to really get into the Macks or Cuts but I was having a hard time finding any groups. We'll try harder next time.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Can't wait to start hitting it hard in the next few weeks. I need to get this hunting out of the way. Should start to get really good in the next few weeks
[signature]
[#0000ff]graet post dude[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Chris i just love it when i hear that you out fished your old man, i know i always out fish him too.
[signature]