Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A girls version of "you know you need to go fishing when..."
True story... I've been doing this in my classes lately...

You know you need to go fishing when you start looking at women's earings and instead of thinking about how they'd match some outfit you have, your thinking about how they would be good tackle. [crazy]

Man I need to get on the water again. [Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That's funny. Sounds like you are gettin' it bad.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]TubeBabe will tell you that when we are cruising yard sales I often look at the earrings and other "trinkets" for sale and comment "I'll bet I could make some good lures out of those."[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, as a fly tier I also make fly pattern earrings and pins. Let me know your favorite colors and I'll make you some...for good luck on your fishing trips.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I wouldn't take TD's advice if I were you. His whole family fishes. That's why he lives in a shed in Magna with 6 million in fishing gear.

Talk yourself into drinking, using cocaine, running around with loose men or climbing mount Everest. Trust me it will be cheaper in the long run.

Repeat after me: My name is (insert name here) and I fish. I've fished for 37 years now. I know my fishing has hurt a great deal of people. I've tried to stop many times. Then I became a member of this web-site. Now I can't stop. All I think about is tactics and baits and boats and wacky rigging Senkos.

Welcome aboard, I'll see you when you guys get your first sleds (snowmobiles). Real fisher-persons? dont fish until it's 17 below.

IFG

Real fisher-persons? dont fish until it's 17 below.

IFG [/reply]
Well if you consider yourself a real fisherman if you only fish when it is that cold you must not do to much fishingif you live in Utah. I personally have fished at 35 below but it is extremely hard to keep the holes cleaned out long enough to jig for anything unless your in a shack with a heater and even then it is pretty hard. I wish I was going to see some ice this winter but until early March the only ice I will see is in the ice machine at the chow hall. Hopefully it is a cold winter this year so I can at least get a day or two in when I get back from the desert.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Take it easy on the kid, Bro. You are gonna scare her off before she really gets started. Heck, you're scaring me. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Your post is a perfect example of the long-term effects of snorting too much smelly jelly and subjecting your body to extreme cold. Your rambling rants clearly indicate the need for more (or less) meds.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]By the way, I hadda move out of the shed in Magna. I could no longer sleep standing up in the corner with my "spare" rods. Still keep my stuff there, but I now sleep in a folded down pop-up trailer in a storage area. Tough to get in and out. Never knew I could limbo. When you're a fisherman you gotta improvise and go with the flow.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Just wondering...could this be the winter when we actually get to meet on the ice?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey new fish,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]It's definitely a sign when common items encountered in life start to look like lures and flies waiting to be tied on a fishing line. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]It's time to start thinking therapy. I recommend you make 2-3 days per week available to effectuate your recovery. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Take yourself and your tackle out to a body of water and put down some roots until you feel all of the stress and worries of life wash out with the waves. Bring a chair and a beverage and just let the Smiles erode all of your cares. Let those psychological gnats away in life get carried away with the shore breeze. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Try to imagine the most important decision you have to make is which knot to tie, or in which direction you should cast your gaze. And no matter what, then be happy with the option you've elected. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]One more tiny note here; Whatever you do, seek professional help BEFORE you get to that point where IceFishingGod already calls his home. Or, you will, like the rest of us, consign yourself to the abyss we all here call 'just our hobbie'.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3] [/size][/black]
[signature]
Cocaine maybe, but not climbing. I've spent exponentially more money on climbing than fishing.
[signature]
Christine - This is for you! [Wink]
The Mermaid
[font "arial,helvetica"][/font] There was three guys that were fishing out in the ocean. After a while of not catching anything,one guy yells,"I've got something!" So they all rush over and help pull it in. They pulled for hours until inside the boat was a mermaid.
She plead for them to let her go and when they wouldn't , she said, " I'll grant you each one wish if you let me go.

THe men agreed.

THe first guy said, Make me three times smarter than I already am.Poof, and then he started quoting shakespear perfectly.

The second guy seeing this said make me 10 times smarter. poof and then he figured out math problems that famous mathemations had been pondering for years.

The third guy said, make me 20 times smarter. The mermaid said, sir consider that carefully. He didn't listen to her and said, make me twenty times smarter!

And poof, he turned into a woman.

Leaky
NEW FISH! right on! [cool] I have been there and done that. When I use to bait fish, I had these earrings that were strips of pearlecent plastic. I cut the earrings appart and made a lure out of them. IT WORKED!
I strickly fly fish now and living in UTAH, born in IDAHO I do fish year round (however the 35 below is a bit extreme). I will say I will be on the rivers as long as my guides are NOT icing up on every other cast. That just ain't fun, not to mention hard on rod tips and line.
I find I now make earrings out of my flies, hows that for a turn around[laugh]
Welcome aboard, and maybe we will bump into each other on the rivers.
[signature]
So from all of your posts I’ve learned a few things…
#1 – I have a serious condition that I need to discuss with my boss and university teachers, the only solution is less work and homework.
[sly]
#2 – To be a real fisher-person I need to be a little more insane then I am currently (-35 ouch).
[crazy]
#3 – Drinking, cocaine and other such “trips” cost less (man I’m a poor college student I’m definitely interested in the wrong "hobbie" hehe).
[shocked]
And finally
#4 – I’ve joined the right support group for this “condition.” Although it seems BFT increases symptoms 7 fold.
[Wink]

Thanks for all of your sympathies in my time of weakness… [laugh] and I will get myself (and drag my husband) out on the water once the teachers and the boss man let up.

p.s. great joke leaky!
[signature]
That is funny your earrings worked... I almost told the girl in my class that I thought her earrings looked just like fishing lures, but luckily refrained myself last minute. Probably wouldn't have gone over very well.

Yeah hope to see ya on the rivers... not sure when we'll be hitting one up... but it'll happen. [Smile]
[signature]