Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropshot weights
I have bought Mojo in the past but just found some Danielson and Pepper jigs that are alot less and look to be just as good.
These are alot less expensive and look to work just as well. Shoot I got some weights for 1.39 for 7 of them. MOJO hurt themself on this one guys.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Oh Mike, you are so transparent. You are openly rebelling against all that the great BR (close to BS) has been teaching you.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Personally, I never buy dropshot weights. I use split shot, hollow core tube lead or even pieces of clothes hanger wire. A session on Lake X can get expensive when you buy those foo-foo weights.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
OK, Why won't you use MOJO lures? I had to ask since you "baited" us with this question. Personally, I never used them so I don't have a clue if they are good or not?
[signature]
I know what drop shotting is for the most part, but what I don't understand is why some circles look down on it. Is it similar to the dry fly vs. nymphs debate? Is it considered too easy or less challanging like trolling as opposed to vert jigging? Enlighten me bass guys.

BLFG, he won't use MOJO on account of their pro team member(s) being a little..... pompous?
[signature]
Well dropshoting doesn't only work for bass first off. 2nd it is not easier but does tend to work better at times just like tossing lures other ways. I don't know about the debate over different flys and that. What you can do with drop shot is control any soft plastic at a depth off the bottom. It is a weight you put at the bottom of your line and put a hook 1in to 2 feet up the line from the weight. then toss your line where you want to work your plastic and therefore contol the depth of your lure. Now dropshot weights are different there design is to not get cought up on rocks and structure as easly. there fore less lose weights and less time reriging up. Scotty P would love to show you how it works sometime.

The reason I won't buy MOJO 2 reasons they are very high priced for no more quaility. 2nd they have choose to sponsor someone as I see as very unsportsmen like. He attacks people without cause!!! I don't want to go into to much details as I don't want to get banned. Lets just say would you buy gas from citco!
[signature]
[cool]LOL!! Hmmm....I wonder why...or should I say, I wonder "who..." Couldn't be the dude that thinks there should never EVER be any bass thinning of a lake no matter how stunted the fish are getting, could it????????
[signature]
I'm with TubeDude on this one, I use split shots also, if the weight hangs up on bottom most of the time the split shot will slide off the end of the line unless you have tied a knot at the end, getting you lure back and only loosing the split shot. later chuck
[signature]