Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua - Contrarion and Sparky 10/05/06
Man. I keep losing my posts. Trying agiain. Anyways, got a sever case of boredom and cabin fevor and decided to go do my thing With the obnoxious one. . Had to decide to go either to the Pine, ( not productive reicently except for some nice largies), Willard (not productive except for smaller kitties) or Mantua (predicted to be slow and scattered as the Pine). Went ot Mantua . Breezy, cloudy, rainy, not good predictions for success. So --------------, got there about 11 am and fished. So much for fishing forecasts!!! [Smile] Ended up,with 19 largies and a 16 " trout. They were'nt scattered!!!!!!!!! Most were shallow and in specfic areas. Nothing big but fun. My only complaint is they were fairly lathargic and just don't fight like smallies. [crazy] They are great eating though so I took home enough for dinner. [Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile] Man, I don't know, it seems that whenever it's predicted to be tough fihsing I have good success and when predicted to be great it ain't.?????? Thus the CONTRARION. [crazy]
Leaky
Sounds like a great trip Fred! Those largies don't fight quite as hard, but they taste just as good!
[signature]
Sounds like you had a good time. What was the water temp?
[Smile]
[signature]
Have no idea.. Would you believe, I caught 2/3 of em from th shore?[shocked] I'd guess the air temp. was in the low 60's and maybe the water temp was high 50's?

Leaky
Leaky,
I haven't seen a picture of Sparky since he is all grown up now. Can you post one please?

IFG
Never, never ask a dog owner for a pic. [Smile][Smile] [sly] It's like asking to see a pic. of your ked, we don't know when to stop. [crazy] The first is with RiverRat and the second is me and the obnoxious one at the Pine with a nice smallie.
Leaky
He has grown into a fine looking young man. I love his dark/light color mix and long hair. You can tell he's not just another puppy factory golden. Beautiful friend Leaky.

IFG
[cool][#0000ff]The Sparkster not only points and retrieves, but he cooks the birds too.[/#0000ff]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=18964;]
[signature]
I really like dogs to start with & I'll bet I'd just love that'un.
[signature]