Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
great day at the bay
Well, its been awhile since I have been able to get out and do some fishing but it was worth the wait. I went up to Willard Bay (job site) to see if I could catch some wipers. I didn't have a long time to fish but it didn't take long to be successful, yesterday. With the way the weather was, I just stayed in the marina and fished from shore. On my fourth cast bang a nice wiper, I was a little in shock that it was that quick. Casted out again and wham, I think I was in shock because it got off. Well, within 30 minutes I had four wipers for dinner. The fishing was awesome, but I only landed one more wiper which brought the total to 5. I did manage to catch a 10 inch smallmouth and about a 6 pound carp (shocked it took a kastmaster in the mouth). I made another cast after the carp and my god the line just started peeling off my reel. I tried everything I could to stop this fish and nothing worked. I thought it was going to spool my reel and end the day but luckily it got off and when I reeled in my line all I had was a scale from the side of a carp (I wish I just could of seen how big). I had to get home so I packed up after 1 1/2 hours and felt pretty good about the day that I had. Well, good luck to all on the water and if your up at the bay stop and say hi and I always like to hear a good fish story.

Jeff
[signature]
thanks for the report Jeff.
[signature]
Awesome Jeff![Smile] My fishing duties are on hold for a couple weeks atleast. Hunting season is here and in full swing. After the duck hunting thing gets out of my system, i will start fishing again. Come on ice!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for the update. We have been catching quite a few fish in the marina, during the latter part of the summer, but haven't hit it since the weather changes. Glad to hear there still some fish for us wimpy tubers who don't like to brave the North Atlantic on the outside when it's sloppy. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Will probably be up there a time or two in the near future...Mama Nature permitting.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sounds like I should maybe try the Bay again this weekend, I haven't been on it for over 2 months. Been chasing those pesky Elk. Still haven't filled my tag. I'm being very selective and have let several bulls pass both with the bow and then with the rifle. I have 7 more days in mid Nov. to go after them again. I have 3 more days off this weekend so weather permitting I think I'll put the Ol'Crestliner in one more time this year.[Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You're really carrying this conservation thing too far. Hasn't anyone told you that you need to take arrows when you bowhunt...and bullets when you take the rifle?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Might as well come out on Willard and practice some long line releases too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'm going up Tuesday and maybe later in the week too. Will post up a report. Gonna try to find a stray wallie or two as well.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
North or south marina, just curious. What lures were you using? Jigs? Rapalas? Flies? lol, haven't had much time to mess with those wipers since spring. Bass fishing has been fun though.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] Wow, glad to see that the action is still somewhat on out there at Willard.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] Did you see any of TubeDudes Sabortoothed Crappie out there? I hear they are vicious. LMAO[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]