Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILLARD WIPERS 14 OCT.
Finally got the boat out of dry dock for one last go on the pond this year, didn't get on the water last weekend. My oldest son and I put in about 10 A.M. and tried trolling for several hrs. and bottom bouncing for walleye to no avail. About 3 P.M. we noticed the Seagulls getting active and zipped over to them. (WIPER BOIL) we had a blast pitching black/silver Rattle Traps. In 1 1/2 hrs. we boated 13 wipers missed some and lost several at the boat. Other boats in the vicinity watched the action and joined in. Most were pretty courtious except 2 idiots in a green/white boat that would sail right into the middle of the boil and pretty much screw it up. We stayed to the outside edge and worked along with the electric bow mount. Had a blast nothing real large (18-21 inches). Now I'm waiting for the Hard Water action to begin after the hunts. The fish we located were out from the Feed Lots and toward the highway in 16- 20 feet of water.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you guys got into some topwater stuff. It has been slow to nonexistent with the cooler weather.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We went up today and found more fish suspended off the bottom but did not see any topwater activity. But, we were off the water by 1 and the water usually warms another couple of degrees before dark...and the boils.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Great report Pete, glad to hear the boils are still happening. Sounds like I need to get out there one more time before the boils are over. I always hate it when some guys think they are missing out on something, so they run right through the middle of a boil so they can get in on the action. It is a sure sign of a rookie. Thanks for posting your report.
[signature]
thanks for the reply.doesn't matter now cause i'm working saturday,so much for the dayoff..but if anyone goes please keep me posted...[Sad]
[signature]