Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worship at Willard 10-15-06
[cool][#0000ff](Sorry, in advance. Petty made me do this.)[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]TubeBabe and I decided to worship at the Church of the 7'th Day Angler today. Arrived at the Willard North Chapel before 7 AM and conducted opening services by 7:30. The air was 42 degrees and the water 57. It stirred the soul.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And verily, we did cast our lines upon the waters. As we sought out the congregation we were rewarded with several "converts". Sister TubeBabe managed only 4 kitty converts. However, I prevailed over the will of 3 wipers (17" and 2 identical 19.5"). I also converted another six of the whiskery sect, one of which fell to heavy metal (spoon). [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]All three of my wipers were taken by bottom bouncing with a 2" white tube and all but the one cat were taken on chub minnows.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Services were over at 1 PM. As we were preparing to leave, Rev. (ranger) J. Steele came by to fellowship with us. He inspected my catch and pronounced it "righteous".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Oh Dude your killing me[Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue]
[signature]
Ah yes, good times. Glad you had a chance to worship.[Wink]
[signature]
[angelic] Good evening Brother T. Dude,

I was Overwelmed with Joy to hear that you and Sister T.Babe Were in attendance at the Worship center today. What a great day to Be in the beautiful surroundings of this Greatness!

I see that your plates will be overflowing with the Bounty that you received. Go forth my son and you and yours enjoy the great meal that he has provided for you.

Thank you for sharing your testemonial with us.
[signature]
Nice job brother Pat. [Smile]
[signature]
Put your hands together and give me a Hallelujah! Amen! Praise all that is good. Nice report Pat!
[signature]
AMEN BROTHER!! HALELULIAH.
[signature]
Glad you missed the lightning storm.......
[signature]
TubeDude
That had to be a great Service, wish I had been there Great report
SaltSeaDog
[signature]
great report and pictures.
[signature]
What a great report!
BaySport
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for the kindly words. Bless you, my son. Whatcha doin' slummin' in Utah? Of course, all are welcome in our congregation.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Well thought out report TD and nice pictures. Love the Place of worship and the new converts photos. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks, Bro...and everybody else too. After Jason was almost burned at the stake for his "heresy", I tried to be careful not to be TOO offensive. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Like all people, I live by my own faith and try not to be insensitive to the beliefs of others. However, I have known a lot of very zealous folks who are able to find humor in religion too. Unfortunately, there are also those who take their religion a bit too seriously and are outraged at the slightest slight.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If I have truly been blasphemous I expect to be zapped by a lightning bolt on my next trip. I've had a couple of near misses in my fishing career and always wondered if I was being warned or if the sender of those lightning bolts was just a bad shot (more blasphemy?). I guess I should be very careful in watching the weather forecasts for future fishing trips.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That's good stuff, I don't care who you are...
[signature]
Some people just gotta get out fishing more so they can loosen up and enjoy themselves! Is it possible to simultaneously be a member of more than one church?

As a member of the predominant religion around here, I also like to consider myself a member of the "Church of the Fish".

[cool] [Tongue]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I truly believe that a person can adhere to their "one true" religion and find spirituality in many places. It may be different for different people.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Over the years I have been "blessed" to have been able to travel widely and to visit many places. Some are of such overwhelming beauty that only the most unfeeling person would deny the sense of awe and inspiration they feel just by being there. Others require some advance knowledge and preparation to take full advantage of the potential they offer.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are many places in nature that can create the feeling of being in an outdoor cathedral. I have several in my past that I can bring to mind, in times of stress, to help recreate the magic of the moment and make life's problems pale in comparison. I suspect that most of us have those mystical magical places in our memory banks.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The two times of day that really help with imagining you are in a holy place are dawn and dusk. In those times of low light and (usually) calm conditions, all of the senses are heightened and the subdued light and shadows cast a special glow upon everything.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]For me, the most inspiring place I have ever experienced was in the redwoods near the Smith River, in northern California. Early one morning, on my way down to a favorite steelhead hole, I walked through a dense stand of the centuries old trees. The ground was a smooth carpet of fallen needles, with no other brush or growth to impede walking. The first rays of the morning sun knifed down between the dense canopy of the giant trees, filtered by faint wisps of smoke from nearby campfires. I was still a ways from the rushing water and there was literally no other sound besides that I made as I shuffled through the fallen needles. When I stopped to look around, there was no sound at all...except the imaginary choir of angels I could almost hear. I actually felt a shivver pass through my body as I took it all in and almost forgot that I was on my way to rendezvous with a steelhead. I will always remember that experience, but I can't remember whether I caught anything or not.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Indeed there are those that make fishing their primary religion. Doesn't make them bad people.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
LOL! no need to to say sorry in advance......that was just hilarious. I worship in the same church just about every Sunday. I faithfully administer my sermons and engage in saving the poor heathen gamefish from the living hell of treble hooks, rapalas, jigs, flies, etc that they are bombarded with. I have to say, I'm quite the converter myself, having engaged in religious imperialism to the extent that I converted 21 different species of heathens and hybridized heathens to all worship in the same faith. So far my missions have all been extremely successful. lol.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome to the fold, brother. Amen and all that. I am sure there are plenty of "closet worshipers" that would love to join us, but are still encumbered by the bonds of "organized religion".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The one thing I haven't been able to figure out though, is what about baptizing? When we convert a fish, is yanking them into the open air the same as baptizing...in reverse. Or, do we have to practice C&R to get credit for "total immersion"?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Maybe that will stir up some more animated objections.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Myself and Presaguy were at church that day as well, got there a little late and were only able to attend Sunday school. I think we were too late, seemed like noone was having much luck converting any heathens. Oh well, still fun as always.
[signature]