Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAZZUP????
[cool]Hey, AzBassman...or anyone. I was out of town over the weekend and haven't had a chance to see what our last little downpour did to the water clarity on the local ponds. Anybody get out since the storm?
[signature]
Tube,

Was at Bartlett on Sunday and the water was like Chocolate Milk but the fish didnt seem to mind. I also heard that the Verde Was running real well, but the salt didnt seem to change much. I hear that Rosy was coming up and had alot of floating debris. Crappie have been pretty good there using grubs trolling out by windy hill 20 -30 a day or so.

Bartlett has come up almost 5 foot straight up, but we need alot more where that came from. I guess Payson got over 2 inches of rain as the same with most of the west Valley.

Tube, How do I claim my winnings (hehehe)

Fish on
[signature]
[cool]Congrats, Bro. I think you will be getting a $25 gift certificate to spend on the BFT shopping center. There are sometimes some good buys on lures and terminal tackle. One of the administrators will no doubt send you notice and instructions. Hope you make good use of it.

It's always interesting here in Arizona how the rainfall in one watershed can be so much different from another right next to it. I'm glad we got at least a small transfusion, but the patients need much more.

What adjustments did you need to make in color, size and presentation in the darker water? Were the Bartlett fish any more aggressive than they were in the clear water?

It's good to hear the crappie are staging. The largies can't be far behind.

Are you going to be in any tournaments soon? Or do you prefer to have fun?
[signature]
Tube,

I can give all that info out after this weekend, my buddy asked me to help him prefish for a Best Bet tournament this Sat. I am sure he wouldnt appreciate if I gave up what we worked out. We were catchin some nice fish. Last weekend the Allstar couples were at Bartlett and 10.5 won. I think he can top that weight and hopefully win some $$ there.

As for tounaments I fished quite a few last year but this year I just bought a new house and didnt have the funds to comit to a tournament schedule. Next year I will try to get back in. But I do like to fish those Wednesday nighters out at Saguaro and Canyon, its a 3 fish limit and there are always big stringers. If you are ever interested in doin one of those let me know, I could always use a Tube Dude. The Tounaments start a 6 and end at I think 9 or 10.

Tight lines
[signature]
[cool]Since I got my Dad in a care center, my life is lightening up a bit. I love to fish evenings and darktime. Count me in for some partnerin'. Don't know how I will do at staying up past 9, though. They usually have to get me back to the home by then.

I got a favor to ask of youl...and anyone else that's interested too. I need some deputies to pass out some BigFishTackle info sheets...to tackle outlets and boat shops, etc. We wanna bring in some more participants on the old Arizony board. Still working on the project, but I need to get it moving. It don't pay much, but I just got some nice BFT stickers that I could part with for anyone who wants to get involved. I don't think they would create too much wind resistance on your ride or your boat.

And, hey, zip the lip on the hot pattern until after the weighin' in is done. I wouldn't expect anyone to divulge hard earned info at the expense of a buddy in a tournament. I have had the experience of whispering one little secret...to one trusted person...only to find myself shut out of my first spot after blastoff. Plenty of time to report after the fact.

Again, thanks for the input and kudos on the recognition.
[signature]
Tube when those Liars Corner tourny start I will definatly get in touch, we always have a blast. I think they start in May, last year caught a 5.3 smallie at Canyon for a tourny that I would die for again, the most beautiful fish I had ever seen but since I needed it for weigh in I didnt keep to mount.

Fish on
[signature]
It was a good post az bassman congratulations.
[signature]