Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Fishing marathon
Well this might be a little long but here goes.

Wednesday, 10-11-06 Arrived at Bear lake and picked up a couple of local long time family friends and hit the water about 9:30 am.

Ran into a dead battery as we were preparing to launch, But Bear lake fish Guy (Tolentino) seen me pull into the marina and came down to B.S. He gave me a jump start/Charge and after talking awhile we were on our way.

We were the only Boat on the water that I saw. We fished the old rock pile most of the day. water was rough with the wind that day so we trolled. Fished till 4:00 when the swells got to three feet and the wind to strong. We boated three fish. One Cutt 2lbs and 20 inches. 2 macs, one was 4lbs and the other was 8.5 lbs. all were turned loose for you guys to try and catch another day. No photos of those fish, ran off and left the camera in the truck.

Thursday morning found myself, along with Petty4life out on the water a little later than we wanted. However the fish were biting right off. Petty got a nice 3lb mac Jigging and I got a 15lb carp.
[inline "Petty's mack-400-pxl.gif"]

We also trolled the area for a while with negative results. Went in around 4:00 and called it a day.

Friday morning found myself, Petty and Old coot out on the water early. We ran into BLM and some of his fishing assasins as they unloaded to go after the beasts.

We went to the old rock pile once again and jigged. it was slow and also slim pickens for petty and I. Old coot had the golden fishing rod. We all were getting bites, Just could not put the steel in there lip.

Then old coot got a bite, he rared back and set the steel. FISH ON! he was smilin like a baby as he fought the beast. HE brought him up from the depths and Petty landed him. an 11.5 lb mac. see photo
[inline "Ralph's-big-mack-11-lb.-400.gif"]

The weather was so nice and water smooth, We headed over to the east side to check things out. Did not mark anything worth going after so we headed back to were coot slayed his beast. I should tell you that even though there is a little blood on that fish, He was slowly worked back to health by petty and swam off to the depths to be battled again another day.

We stayed on the water till 5:00 then headed in. it was so nice that day I hated to leave. one of the nicest days I have ever spent on the water.

Saturday Morning found petty, along with My dad and I out on the water before the sun was up. The Ramp and marina looked like the 4th of July. Lots of boats going in the water. We were the 2nd boat on the pile that mornign of at least 10-12 that were there.

Seen and talked with fishonlynch and his dad. However three hours on the water produced a big ZERO. nothing. Boats all around were trolling and jigging but got nothing. oh well. welcome to Bear Lake.

I feel that the macs are still staging and our best fishing is still ahead of us up there. Cant wait to get back.

Thanks for the company fishing petty and old coot. as always great fishing with you guys. Look forward to many more.

RILEY
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Yes ... indeedee, the day I spent with you and Jason was great. I had a bad hankerin' to get up there and hook me a monster mack. It may not have been a monster but it put up a very respectable fight. I was surprised how dificult it was getting it to fit into the net. Great day with good friends and a few fine fish.

I still shake my head in disgust for knocking off that beautiful cut you had on. I owe ya.[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
My Father & I fished the Big Blue saturday (10/14). It was a tuff day for catching fish. The weather & water were perfect. We started out jigging on the old rock pile, no luck. Finally figured out how to start the new 9.9 trolling motor ( 1st time using) . Thanks a bunch Lee, my arm was getting tired. It would have been a long day of jigging (not my dad's favorite). Thanks for the phone jason. Started trolling around rock pile, no luck. Trolled the east side & finally my dad hooked into a small cutt. Finished a great day by a boat ride in the Trophy. We saw the Big Whaler heading South out of the Marina to help some boaters ( see picture below). Good to see & talk with Mark, his Dad & Jason. Travis

Does anybody know what kind of boat this is ( blue boat) ?

[inline "bearlake 013.jpg"]
[inline "bearlake 016a.jpg"]
[inline "bearlake 005.jpg"]
[inline "bearlake 008.jpg"]
[inline "bearlake 012.jpg"]
Mark it was great to fish with for the weekend.
[signature]