Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locomotive action
Went out to Locomotive Springs this morning for a little off of the ice action. Fishing was fast and furious for fairly small planters. There were a few others out there fishing today. Most people could easily catch a limit in an hour or two. One guy was dry flying it, and I didn't see him catch any. The weather was beautiful today. I hope some of you guys got to head fishin' on this nice holiday.
[signature]
Hey,

I went Sunday and my son caught his limit in 45 mins. They seem to hit eggs really fast. We caught one that was 15 inchs. Other than that about 11-12 each. One guy was fly fishing and he caught one in about 5 mins. We left right after he started though. Some peeps tried lures and only got 2 fish in a hour.

Tyler
[signature]
Were is Locomotive Springs at?
[signature]
Locomotive springs is at the north end of the Great Salt Lake. South of Snowville about 20 miles. It's truly out in the middle of nowhere. But the fishin' is really a lot of fun. The ponds never freeze on the north end. There are some warm water springs that keep them ice free all winter. The biggest problem is the birds eat all the trout in the summer, so they never can grow very big. I posted some directions in an earlier post. If you'd like PM me and I can send them to you.
[signature]