Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
it is what friends do.
To take up a little bit of your free time I thought you might enjoy this true story about what friends do. If you are not familiar with Colorado you might enjoy the pictures also.

But you might need to drink a couple cups of coffee while you wait, if you have a dial up connection.

[url "http://www.westdenvertu.org/Photos/2006SpinneyRescue/SpinneyFall.htm"]http://www.westdenvertu.org/Photos/2006SpinneyRescue/SpinneyFall.htm[/url]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there Scruffy_Fly a very nice story and great pictures. Some people don't realize how lucky they are to be living in God's country. Living here in SOCAL is not the best local for fly fishing. True one can travel an hour or two to some nice waters - but there are just too many people of which many are inconsiderate to those that want a little peace and quiet. Thought that the weather was finally going to cool off and permit some decent fishing climate. Well the Santa Anas have been blowing getting temps over 90ยบ.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey you ought to send in your story to Readers Digest. Might get you a few buck.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Right below the Reservoir in the story is one place where you are not going have piece and quite. The fly fishermen there can be very inconsider. The infamous "Dream Stream" flows there. Actually it is a section of the South Platte river that flows between Spinney Mountain reservoir and Eleven Mile Canyon Reservoir. It gets pretty crowded there right about now. Browns and Konkanee salmon come up out of Eleven Mile Canyon.

My brother was here just a few days before the my story took place. His 2nd purpose here was to convinse me that I should pack everything up move to San Diego.

His main purpose was for me to put him into some mountain trout.
So I was able to get him into greenback cutthroats like this.

[Image: GreenbackColor2.jpg]
[signature]