Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better late than neverberry.
I had some time off work last week and spent some time with my family at Park City. With the wives permitting, my Dad and I went up to Strawberry Thursday. We got over to Renegade before it was light, got all of our gear together, and got out fishing just when you could see. A light frosty breeze blew over the reservoir and it just felt like it was going to be a great day. My Dad picked up three fish early morning on flies and I was able to bring in five using a Chartruse tube jig. Then for what ever reason they just shut down, nothing! We hadn't caught anything for about 3 hours, we were cold, and just about ready to call it a day. But we descided to stay a bit longer becuase we didn't know if we would be able to make it out again. Man! I'm glad we stayed. Just like magic, the bite was on again and it didn't let up. I nailed several beautiful 20"-21"ers and one over the slot 23"er. Turned out to be an awesome day! My Dad was doing just as well on flies as I was doing on jigs, so I couldn't convert him this time. We caught 42 fish between the two of us and missed about 60 more. It was a great trip at the Berry.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a great outing. It is interesting, and often frustrating, how quickly catching can turn off and on.
[signature]