Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report
[black][size 3]Went to Willard South Marina with Jed and launched his boat just as the sun hit the water this morning. It was a chilly morning to start out. I think the temp was about 37 degrees. Water temp was around 50. Water was calm with very little wind. The temperature of both the air and water came up a little as the morning progressed - up to about 59 and 52 degrees respectively. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3] [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]The fishing started out great, but the catching didn't. At least that was the story until the day and the water warmed up a bit. Then, things did change. Slowly, but they did change for the better.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]In spite of the 3 seperate times that we had the [black]crossed-trolling-line-into-braided-birds-nests-that-have-to-be-cut-to-be-untangled[/black] interuptions, we both managed to keep our equipment and even land fish during the processes of hardware recovery.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]When the fishing picked up, it picked up nicely. We had 3 double hook-ups(one while almost hopelessly tangled) and ended the day when both of us had gotten our limit of wipers. [/size][/black]

[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[signature]
What an awesome report from willard this late in the year. This is the first good one in a few week's i think.
What were you trolling with?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 4] I can't say that I like the day to start out that way, But I do love the those endings. Anytime you can finish the day with fish of any number is a great way to end the day. Good job.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/font]
[signature]
Nice mess of wipers you've got there. Late season to boot! Strong work men.
[signature]
[font "Roman"][black][Wink][font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Nice report, What was you using and in what direction did you travel after leaving the south end? and what was you using,this is the best report I have heard yet this late in the year, O-what was yur trolling speed? went out there 3 weeks ago and was skunked, wounderful Post...[/black][/font][/black][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey Lunkerhunter2,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I was using a variety of lures. A Rebel Shad, A Cotton Cordell walleye diver, and a No-Name skinny shad like minnow thing(All were about 2.5 inches in length) the effective colors for me were Chrome and black, true shad, and white/clear and chartruese. However, all of the lures that both of us used to catch our fish were of the skinney minnow/shad variety(as opposed to the fatter and rounder types). [/size][/black]
[signature]
[black][size 3]We left the Marina and headed to the feed lot first, trolled our way up to the North Marina, next over to the light pole and down the thrench to the south end then finally worked our way to the east and then north back to the South Marina. Basically, we circumnavigated the whole pond.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Our trolling speed was in the 2.7 to 3.2 MPH range with most of the time spent at 3 MPH.[/size][/black]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Great report Fishhound. Thanks for sharing all the good info.[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the info.
[signature]
yea it was a great day on the pond. If we had more desire to keep catching we could have still caught quite a few as well when we ended the day, but it was a good time to pull out when we both landed our limits. We did get a little help from the birds there at the end though. we saw them start dive bombing the water and then we would troll to the outside of them and the fishfinder was black with bait and fish. It was a lot of fun and some very fat healthy wipers. I am looking forward to a very tasty meal,
jed
[signature]
Hey Jed, when did you guys get off the water? What time did the catching begin? I read Fishhounds report on when you started fishing but no time on when the fun began. Thanks for the info.
[signature]
we started at 9:00 the fun started at 1:30 and we ended at around 5:00 but it was still going when we left,
jed
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey Jed,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Thanx for that great day on the water. Yeah, it could'a should'a would'a been better in the morning, but the afternoon sure did make up for it.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]After I posted the report, I cleaned up those bass and got a bucket load of fillets (the largest fish I cleaned was about 21 inches and a real fatty). I guess I just have fish for breakfast again ! YUM ![/size][/black]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Dang it ! Sorry, I forgot to post that stuff ! [mad] [/size][/black]
[signature]
That was another question I had, about how long your longest fish was, you must have read my mind. With all the bait fish out there this year, those wipers should be fat and sassy after the winter, not to mention the walleye and cats. We might even see a new record wiper caught. Thanks for the great post.
[signature]