Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie here....
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000bf][size 3]Hi all,[/size][/#0000bf][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000bf][size 3][/size][/#0000bf][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000bf][size 3]Just wanted to say hi to everyone and to introduce myself.[/size][/#0000bf][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000bf][size 3]I have only been active in ff'ing since May/June of this year. My brother in law got me caught up on it in May when I caught a large mouth bass and then a crappie using one of his many rigs (a Scott I think)... since then I have gone to local lakes 5 or 6 times and caught some small bluegill.. [/size][/#0000bf][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000bf][size 3]I do want to say a big thank you to FlyGoddess for inviting me over here and for kind of taking me under her wing and being patient with all of my quetions... [/size][/#0000bf][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000bf][size 3]MacFly[/size][/#0000bf][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 3]Welcome MacFly, this is where I spend my free time. Try to stay out of trouble, but you know me.[angelic][/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 3]Hope to hear from you on a regular basis.[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000bf][size 3]Thank you goddess...and you know you will hear from me a lot...[/size][/#0000bf][/font] [laugh]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hi there [/size][/green][/font][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=macfly55;guest=31294188"][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]macfly55[/size][/green][/font][/url][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3] and welcome to the FF&T board. Glad that you decided to come by and introduced yourself. We try to have a lot of fun here and maybe just maybe learn something new about this great sport. Flygoddess knows her FF stick and we thank her for encouraging you to join us. I have been fishing for more years than I care to count but it seems like I am always learning something new. OR maybe I just don't remember things like I use to! [Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[reply]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hi there [/size][/green][/font][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=macfly55;guest=31294188"][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]macfly55[/size][/green][/font][/url][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3] and welcome to the FF&T board. Glad that you decided to come by and introduced yourself. We try to have a lot of fun here and maybe just maybe learn something new about this great sport. Flygoddess knows her FF stick and we thank her for encouraging you to join us. I have been fishing for more years than I care to count but it seems like I am always learning something new. OR maybe I just don't remember things like I use to! [Wink][/size][/green][/font] [/reply]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 3]Thank you for the warm welcome.. I think if you look around I did some posting BEFORE I introduced myself.. that may of been rude.. but know Goddess from "other" places.. so felt comfortable making comments on her threads..

Im new.. just starting.. but have to tell ya'll.. I am liking it so far.. thanks to goddess and other friends I have met "other" places... seems a common thread in the ff'ing community.. if you're new.. and ask questions.. there is always someone (s) more than willing to answer and help you out.. now.. all I gotta do .. is put all that infor in this old grey matter.. hoping it all stays and can be gotten to easily.. and go have fun fishing..

Oh yeah.. one more thing.. I take my grandson when I can.. he loves to play with the worms etc.. but gonna try him with a light spinning rod with a bubble/bead/fly setup and see how he does.. I will surely post the results if there are any...

MacFly
[/size][/#000080][/font]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Speaking about grandsons - we are having a birthday party for my 5 year old grand nephew. I took him on his first fish outting when he was 3. Bought him a spinning rod when he was 4. He will spend hours practicing his casting into their pool. Besides other gifts tomorrow I will give him a fly vest like his uncle Dryrod wears. Wonder when I should give him his first fly rod?[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[reply]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Speaking about grandsons - we are having a birthday party for my 5 year old grand nephew. I took him on his first fish outting when he was 3. Bought him a spinning rod when he was 4. He will spend hours practicing his casting into their pool. Besides other gifts tomorrow I will give him a fly vest like his uncle Dryrod wears. Wonder when I should give him his first fly rod?[Wink][/size][/green][/font] [/reply]
I am thinking I will give him the one I use now once I do upgrade.. but until then it will be interesting to see what he does with the rig he has now but set up for fishing with flies.. been told a bugger is a good start since he likes to cast and reel in.. we will see. ... lol
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey Macfly55,

Welcome aboard to BFT !

We're looking forward to reading of your exploits.
[/size][/black]
[signature]
[font "Kristen ITC"][blue][size 3]Thank you ! I am not sure about my exploits.... but will tell you a story or two .. must be the Irish in me..... [laugh]

MacFly
[/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Aye - was wondering about the MacFly bit. Now we know.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Gill Sans MT"][size 3]What can I say.. heritage and a good Michael J Fox movie... [cool][/size][/font]
[font "Gill Sans MT"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Gill Sans MT"][size 3]MacFly[/size][/font]
[signature]
Welcome to BFT and more importantly the ff&t board. As the temps plummet and the ducks get on my nerves(or dissappear) i get back into flyfishing heavily. I love the rivers in the winter. I don't fish them all summer due to the phobia i have of the serpent kind.[crazy] Anyway, i spend alot of time on the rivers with flies. Are you a ut resident? How close to ogden if you are? I am in desperate need of a ff buddy. All of my fishing buddies don't do the fly thing. Anybody else near Ogden?
[signature]
Oh, by the way, i am also Irish. I carry a last name ending in shire.[cool]
[signature]
Top of the morning to a fellow IRISHMAN.. [Smile]

Regretfully I dont live in UT... if I did and I was in your area I would definitely look you up to hunt and fish...I find fishing more enjoyable with a companion...

btw.. I have basically the same phobia about the serpent kind.. they stay away from me.. I stay away from them... I think we are both better off in that situation... [cool]

Have a great weekend...

MacFly
[signature]
Too bad. If you are ever up this way shoot me a pm and we can hook up. I know some good spots for fast action.
[signature]
If I should ever get up to your area I will definately try to hook up with you... just curious.. is that your new pick up truck to do chores around the house...???

MacFly
[signature]
Yeah, it barely fits down my street, but when i go to the dump all the neighbors want to load it up. Also, when i get a load of gravel, i have enough for the entire block.[Wink]
Actually, it is me and my son in what turned out to be a once in a lifetime experience at Kennicot Copper Mine west of salt lake. They had never had one of these trucks that close to the visitor center and we got lucky enough to be there at the right time. The superintendant invited us for a photo and we obliged. The tires on these beasts are 13' tall!
[signature]
It is an awesome shot.. one I am sure you and your son will cherish forever...

can you imagine trying to drive that thing..lol..

MacFly
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Would love to have one for the SOCAL freeways when you are following someone driving about 50 in the fast lane while trying to dial out on their cell. One blast from it's airhorn and lets see how fast they would move over. A drive by shooter would need a hook & ladder fire truck to see me in the drivers seat. LMAO[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Post:[/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Would love to have one for the SOCAL freeways when you are following someone driving about 50 in the fast lane while trying to dial out on their cell. One blast from it's airhorn and lets see how fast they would move over. A drive by shooter would need a hook & ladder fire truck to see me in the drivers seat. LMAO[/size][/green][/font]
[/size][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The problem with that is I don't think they would see anything behind them in their mirror, that is assuming they use the mirror LOL[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]