Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 10/29
Well Wasach801 and I took our maiden voyage to Yuba on Sunday afternoon. We arrived at the State Park ramp about 1pm and there were no other people there so we took our time. While I parked the truck Wasatch took the liberty of catching the 1st Perch while standing on the ramp. As we launched I started out with a perch looking crank bait and managed to catch about a 4lb carp.. Go figure left him be and played with the perhies for a while nothing of any great size. We pretty much stayed in this area. Kevin stuck with he chartruse jigs tipped with worm, and I was throwing about anything and everything I had, some spinners, Rapalas ect and no slimers or Eye's decided to play. And there was very little on sonar. But we did have a good time the water temp was about 54 degrees.

Here are some Pics I snapped, and also one of my first attempted at PVC-Dom

Enjoy
Majja
[signature]
Your PVC setup looks great. Thanks for sharing the pics. [Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Good Job Majja. The transducer looks great LOL[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Tight Lines to you sir.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]FG[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Thanks,
Actually in the pic the transducer is bassackwards in the pic i flipped it before we went out.
[signature]
Good job on the PVD pipe. I had the same question on the transducer, but great idea if you can easily flip it over to get it into the water. Did you happen to notice any of those fathead minnows down there? I want to get down and net me a bunch for ice fishing, but I probably could only get there after dark, and not sure if they would still be around the shoreline then.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice work on the PVC, newbie. After sniffing all that glue you're probably ready to enter our PVCaholics 12 step program. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I like the transducer swing mount. Judging from the right side mount of the rod tubes I am guessing you are either a southpaw or a masochist.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]On our Friday trip we caught most of our fish close to the docks too. That's where the minnows were hanging out and the predators were staying nearby for the food. We also did not see much on sonar...until we got out over 50 feet of water. Then the whole screen turned black from 30 feet down. But, the fish all had lock jaw.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
We did not see any of the chubs. As for the southy thing i am actually bassackwards.. I fish left but and actually right handed. I perfer to land fish on my left side. Funny you should mention glue, I have not glued that much of it as i am still tweaking it a little bit. As soon as I am done with the tweeking i will make it final. than i will sign up for the 12 step program.

Majja
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Those are "fathead" minnows...not chubs. They are very small this year and difficult to see unless you know what you are looking for. They also move around and may not have been around the docks while you were there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, it looks like you used the blue glue, where you did glue it. You should buy the glue in the gold can. It is clear and much easier to clean up.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I usually recommend to keep the rods on the side opposite the arm you use to cast. You can land fish from either side, since you (should) reach out to the front.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Either way, it sometimes takes some experimenting to find which works best and which is most comfortable. Just don't let anyone catch you snorting a line of that glue inside the garage. Hard to explain the closed nostrils.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the report, and it looks like your setup is going to treat you very well in the future.
[signature]
Matt,

Nice fins, man! I wonder whom they belong to....

Matt is the only guy I know that would buy sonar BEFORE purchasing fins! Gear-GEEK!!!!

K
[signature]
What ever I have ordered my fins so you will get yours back soon. TD yea i did use the blue glue, It is what i had left over from when i put in my sprinkler system. I felt like it is a smoother high .. hehe
[signature]