Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish lake?
Has anyone been to Fish Lake recently? I've been wondering about the size of the perch. I'm planning a trip up there next week sometime. I'd like to put some perch in the freezer. Fish lake is closer to me than Jordanelle, but if there aren't any decent size perch in Fish lake I don't think I'll bother.
[signature]
Was down there on the 14th and didn't see or catch a single perch. They usually swarm the weed lines, didn't see any. probably the first time that has ever happened. Did catch some decent trout though. Kastmasters, black woolly buggers w/ red tails and worms on pop gear worked.
[signature]
i just got back from there on a overnighter. we did not catch any perch. but were not trying to ether.. the splake fishing was great tho!! was very windy and cold there the last 2 days.

the perch in fishlake are nice size for the most part.. if you take the 50 limit you can make one realy good perch fry!!
[signature]
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll still head up there, maybe this Friday. The weather is supposed to be nice, but I imagine it will be plenty cold.
[signature]
Yo old buddy... Did you drop the blades and/or work the rockets?
[signature]
hey Don .. i really wanted to drop the blades down.. but 2 things stoped me from doing so.. one the 2 1/2 foot white caps.. two the mack's were not up on the hump where i thought they would be..
so we went with the rocket's right from the start and stayed with the rocket's for the whole time.. biggest fish we cought was a 4 to 4 1/2 lbs splake..
we did get in some night fishing sunday night.. and i hit 4 fat football rainbow's that looked like they were out of otter creek not fish lake.. a good trip all the same.. and i got some good GPS marks for ice saeson comeing up as well..
[signature]
Sweeeeeet!!
[signature]