Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big ones starting to show up.
This site has been way to slow so I thought I'd remind people this is one of the easier times of the year to catch some big fish in local rivers. I caught my first 20 inch brown of the fall on the Weber about 10 days ago. 3 days ago I caught a 21 inch brown on a tributary of Spanish Fork. Get out and tell us how you're doing.
[signature]
Nice to see you are hitting some nice ones!
I drive past the Ogden every day at lunch time, the flow is looking sweet!
[signature]
what did you catch them on? and where abouts on the river where you? I am going up Sat. to try my luck with fly fishing My wife got me a good pole for my birthday and I am excited to try it out. i got crappy rod last year that I have been practicing casting with but have never atually been on the water with it.

Joe
[signature]
Two weeks ago I fished the Weber on the State land at Hennefer. It's the first exit above Croyden. I caught all my fish that day on size 10 or 12 beadhead prince nymphs. Many different nymph pattern produce on the Weber. It isn't the Green or Provo so remember you seldom need to resort to using the small nymphs. Yesterday was my third outing in a row where I caught a 20 inch brown. This was again down on a Spanish Fork tributary. I also was surprised to catch a brillant silver iridescent 12 inch rainbow. I have never before caught a rainbow in any of the 4 tributaries to Spanish Fork that I fish. About 5-10 % of the fish I catch in all 4 are cutthroats and the rest browns. When I got home after fishing I read the article in the Tribune about re-establishing Bonneville cutts above 3 Forks on Diamond Fork. It mentioned below that would remain a brown and rainbow fishery. I'm just curious how often do other people catch rainbows in Diamond Fork or any of the other tributaries to Spanish Fork?
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I will let you know it the trip goes.

Joe
[signature]