Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROVO
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#646464][size 3]I love to fish rivers and the Provo is the closest to me (both upper and lower)[/size][/#646464][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#646464][size 3]Most of the time I fish the Middle, but basically because I am not crazy about fishing while tubers go floating by.[/size][/#646464][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#646464][size 3]WINTER! I love it. At least the days the guides are not icing up on every other cast.[/size][/#646464][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#646464][size 3]On the middle my go to rods are a Sage LL 2wt, a Shelbyville 3wt., a 7'6" 4wt. Lamiglass and of course my 7' 4wt. Boo and on the days I want to through anything with weight my 10' 5wt.[/size][/#646464][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#646464][size 3]The Lower is my Lamiglass and my 10 footer.[/size][/#646464][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#646464][size 3]What do you FF like and use?[/size][/#646464][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#646464][size 3]Got up last week and did well even with the wind. This was on a WD40[/size][/#646464][/font]
[Image: Provo1006002.jpg]
[signature]
9' 5wt Reddington rs2 I love them and can't afford the expensive ones. I have tried sages and St. Croix and still like reddingtons better. I also have a 9' 9 wt for heavy streamers and long casting.
[signature]
Like you mentiioned the temps can get down in the winter. This does not usually stop me as the wintertime is one of my favorite times to fish. But....... I suspect that the ice on the guides is not particularly good for lines and rods. For this reason I generally don't use my best line and rod in the winter. I have a WW Griggs Med/fast 9 foot 5 wt rod that performs surprisingly well for the cost, an Okuma reel with cortland 333 line that I like to use in the winter. I mostly nymph in the winter so delicate casting is not so important and I like to save my more expensive gear for warmer weather. Just my anallity showing.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Not at all anal. Makes a lot of sense. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The winter is my favorite time also, but I like the tiny dry action. That is why my ol' man built me a 7' 4wt Lamiglass, so I don't have to take my boo. I still use the Superfine line, but I can get that for a good price and have plenty.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]People don't think about the ice cutting the line or specially when you accidentally step on it in the ice not to mention cleets. My brother loves to get up to the river bright and early in the winter. I warned him about the ice in the guides. Well, he went to cast and heard the snap. Needless to say, that bumbed him out cause he only had one rod at the time. [/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 5]Got a phone call this morning from my Brother (around 8:00 a.m.) and he said lets go fish the Provo. I am such a night owl it is so hard for me to get moving that early.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 5]But, I was up for the challenge.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 5]Got up there around 9:30 and started to fish moving up stream. Caught some nice browns as usual although it was a little slower today. I think it is cause of the storm front moving in.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 5]I worked the waters for awhile then moved up. Kept doing this working my way up to the freeway.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 5]Suddenly it hit, I had never felt anything like this on my glass rod.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 5]Splashing, pulling and fighting with every ounce of energy it had and putting that 6X tippet to the test.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 5]It seemed apparent to me that my net was not going to work on this one, so got my hand read to grab the tail or what ever I had to to land this.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 5]I had to share this with you.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 5][/size][/#008000][/font]
[Image: Provo003.jpg]
[signature]
Great catch -- you must be proud![Wink]
[signature]
Piglett!

Did you spank him and send him back to his mother?
[signature]
What'd ya think she cooked for dinner! I was still hungry after that and a cracker.
[signature]