Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's going deer hunting this weekend?
I know I will be out there in search of the thirty point buck. [cool]
[signature]
[Smile] I'll be making the trip to the Detroit Lakes Area , looking for that thirty point doe !! LOL !! Good luck ya'll

[signature]
i'll be hitting it hard this weekend as well..
no realy lookig for the 30 pointer just a doe will do me kist fine..
[signature]
How did you guys do? I passed on 12 does and a spiker. I still have time to find a nice buck.
[signature]
We took 11 deer so far , only 1 good buck , a 9 pointer . To many deer , so the uncle wants a bunch of does taken , so most of them were does ! They been ruining to much of his crops , and decided 40 some deer on his 300 acre farm was to much !!

[signature]
as of Mon Nov 06, 2006

[Image: HPIM0031.jpg]

Well long story short ...
I had leased my land out this year and here's a little of the report..
yep i shot a nubbin buck too not thinking it was a buck kinda hard to tell them apart when there moving away from you..at less then 50 yards.. [Image: icon_redface.gif]
also had to make a fast decision either let it go or take a butt shot well it was a mess but Jon did a great job of cleaning up..

Well looks like I’m done for the year unless I get another tag which might not be a bad
Idea but time will tell..

Had a little run in with the law meaning the mn dnr sat morning between Jon and Tony they had it all under control for the better part till I could get there to find out what was really going on..

Turns out they thought I was baiting deer with ..get this pickles yes pickles I never knew deer ate frozen pickles did you ? the pickles were in the field for well over 4 months.
it was left overs from Bear season

Also there was someone shooting deer after hours with 22’s which is very much against the law here in MN..
[signature]
I am out this weekend looking for glowing red nosed deer.

I will be happy with a unicorn, I just have to ask him to stand still while I grab a tape measure and measure the spike to make sure it is a leagle three inches.

I didnt draw a doe permit this year.

4 daze already and I havent seen a single deer of any kind. not even a fresh sign. I have to admit the snooze alarm has been running while I was out in the woods, could be all the wood cutting keeping the deer away [angelic]
[signature]
good luck davetclown ..
just stick with it..
[signature]