Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Blah
Having heard a hot tip from from my brothers neighbor, we decided to pull a Ferris Bueller and take the day off and go fishing. We launched at the South Marina at about 11:00 a.m. No wind, water 49 degrees, air temp around 50 or 55 ish. Mostly sunny although we drove thru the rain getting there from Salt Lake.
We tried all the usual places, varying our trolling speed from 2.5 to 4.0, we used sideplaners, with 4 poles out at all times, switching lures and eventually trying everything we had. We even got creative and that didn't work either. We caught one 20" Wiper out by the light pole. And I'm not sure if I didn't snag it in the mouth while it was sleeping. It was a really good day condition wise. No wind the whole day, nice temps. We were the only boat on the water. The fish just weren't biting.
I'm done for the year at Willard. I'll stick to Da'Berry.
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Thanks for posting your report. The catching has been hit and miss lately, some of the guys are catching them but most of the good fishing seems to be over. At least you got one nice fish. WH2
[signature]
Randy, you are a glutton for punishment! At least you kept trying, I gave Willard up for 2006 after getting skunked twice.
[signature]
Sounds like the fishing was good,just not the catching.Sounds like my day at the berry Friday(did manage five,but it was slow)
[signature]