Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know what your problem is?
The reason you are having problems catching that trophy fish is you are using the wrong lure![cool]
[url "http://www.macdaddysfishinglures.com/million_dollar_lure.shtml"]http://www.macdaddysfishinglures.com/million_dollar_lure.shtml[/url]
[signature]
And I believe that it will CONTINUE to be my problem!
Especially with that price tag!
Amazing ...
[signature]
For people with more dollars than sense! With my luck, I'd loose the freak'n thing on the first cast!
[signature]
Salt Lake Tribune, The (UT)

Date: August 16, 2006
Tight Lines: Reel 'em in with bling on a string
Brett Prettyman
The Salt Lake Tribune
TIGHT LINES
There's a new way to achieve the ultimate "pucker factor" for all those anglers who freak out about fishing with a $14 Lucky Craft lure for the big cutthroat at Strawberry.

Imagine tying on a 14-karat gold-plated lure, a wet fly weighted with a diamond, ruby or sapphire or the ultimate in trusting-your-fishing knot - a $1 million lure made with more than 3 pounds of 14-karat and 18-karat gold and platinum and sparkled with 4,753 diamonds and rubies.
"Some people just say I'm crazy and the others think I'm crazy like a fox," says Mac McBurney, designer and inventor of MacDaddy's Fishing Lures.
I met Mac at the Outdoor Writers Association of America annual conference in Lake Charles, La., in June. His lure display immediately caught my attention.
I've always joked that some of my mother's earrings would work well as lures during desperate situations, so the idea of combining jewelry and fishing lures and flies didn't seem odd. What's more flashy, especially underwater, than diamonds, gold and silver?
Mac then started floating prices for the lures and of his plan to design and then actually use a $1 million lure.
"I've lost a couple of thousand dollars," Mac said. "But I've also caught a lot of fish."
He shared a story of fishing with pricey lures during a trip to Colorado. He lost a couple to snags and was amused to hear that guides on the river had nearly frozen to death retrieving the lost hardware.
He plans to fish the Million Dollar Lure, all 12 inches of it, at the 26th Annual Bisbee's Black and Blue Marlin Tournament this October in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
He doesn't mean to just attach it for a quick dip and claim its use. He plans to use it during the highly competitive tournament.
I fished with one of his $10,000 lures while in Louisiana. Actually, fished is the wrong word. I cast the lure several times, but reeled it in way too fast to pick up any fish for fear it would snag on the rocky bottom.
Other, more daring anglers caught fish - not sure what they were - with the lures.
Mac has been doing a combination of outdoors and jewelry shows this summer, and he says the response has been amazing.
"I'm offering something nobody else in the world has. We are in a league of our own; nothing else even comes close. We are so over the top that it's unreal," he said. "We are selling everything on the line. Everybody wants to see something fun and exciting like this."
Better hurry and make your order - http://www.macdaddysfishinglures.com. Mac is only producing 25 of the $1 million lures.
He just reached an agreement with the Make A Wish Foundation: If Make A Wish sells a lure, he will give the organization 5 percent of the take.
To cover himself from potentially Angry anglers, Mac provides this handy-dandy disclaimer on his literature and Web site: "Fisherman beware. If you choose to fish with a MacDaddy lure or fly, there is a possibility a large fish will get so excited that it won't give it back, and you may lose it. Unfortunately, we can accept no responsibility for your loss. But, you will love the fish story you have to tell your friends!"
Exactly my point. This guy was using a $10,000. lure and was afraid to it would get "Snag'd". Hence, my nickname and legend!
[signature]
I wanna see the caught fish! Probably has one gold tooth with a diamond in it, a pierced gill along with several in the fins. A baseball cap tilted sideways, a favorite basketball team jearsy - oversized of course and a shinny KASTMASTER sticking half way out of its belt.[shocked]

Oh yeah! and cruising the bottom (LOW RIDER)
[signature]
Yeah I'm sure I could catch a trophy fish with one of them,but they won't take my check![Wink]
[signature]
[black][size 3]My question: Is that for trolling, casting, or jigging ?[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I don't know what kind of fish I would toss that to, but, even though it might look good in my tackle box, it would also look pretty darn out of place. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Ah, what the heck, I'm always looking for a new component for my jig'n'pigs. And, after I goop that thing up with some anchovie smelly jelly, it would probably work just fine.[/size][/black]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I make a lot of glittery lures, but now I must hang my head in shame. I has been outdid.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I think with this lure, the fish it DOES catch will have names, like SNOOK dog or Ice T-rout[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'm guessing...just a wild guess here...that the lures are designed to catch FISHERMEN, not fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Kinda like a lot of other lures but with a bigger pricetag.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
My guess is the target audience is more like fisherwomen than fishermen
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Not this one, ain't into that Bling, Bling (except my nose, eyebrow, belly button, etc........[Wink][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You must be young and/or inexperienced with the "fair" gender. Us old dudes know by now that women seldom waste good money on the sparkly stuff. They prefer to "dazzle" some silly male into putting scorch marks on the plastic for them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Danged if it hasn't worked on me a few times. But, old enough to know better...dumb enough to keep doin' it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]