Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who say's you can Fly Ice Fish!
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3]I know you people are big on the Hard water fishing so I thought you might like this.[/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3]Orvis has a new fly out called "Ooey Gooey Grub". My curiosity got the best of me and I had to order some. These things are cool. They are squishy too.[/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3]I can see them working for ice fishing![/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3][Image: ooeygooey.jpg][/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3][/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][size 3]Looks like they are made out of the same stuff the Gummy Minnow was made out of "Silly Skin".[/size][/#00bf00][/font]
[signature]
That would be great to jig under an attractor for pan fish.
[signature]
I'm sure that would catch fish. What size of hook is it tied on?

I've caught fish on a number of my fly fishing nymphs while ice fishing.
[signature]
I got the 10's and 12's, but I think they go down to a 6, 12's are the smallest.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey Flygoddess,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Those do look good ! I'll bet the sizes 8 and 10 would work really well. Let us know how you do with them.[/size][/black]
[signature]
that looks like a common house fly maggot, deadly on the gills, hard on the nose.[shocked]

deffenatly a pre-tie before heading out on the ice, cold fingers and lack of magnifying glasses to see the half or one pound test line used will make it near imposible. I am not a shanty type person.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]But, that the beauty Dave. These aren't small![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
its not so much the hooks or the holes, its the line thats the bugger, you will know what I mean sooner than you would like...[shocked]

we use number 4's for crappie and perch and bass, number 6's and 8's for gills.

not to many winter trout fisherman around here, a few lakes have them but you have to fish a hundred feet deap to get at them.
[signature]