Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2006 Muley
Here is a picture of my 2006 muley. I spotted him from about 3/4 mile. I moved to within 300 yards of him and watched him feed for about 5 minutes. I couldn't decide if I should take him so I moved about 50 yards closer and watched him for another 5 minutes. I estimated his width at 22”. At this point I only had 10 minutes of legal shooting light left. My trigger finger finally became too itchy and I decided to take him. He isn't very big (20" wide) but I'm happy with him. I didn't have much time to hunt this year during the rifle season but it was sure great to get out and get some blood on my hands. It turned out that his ears are only 22” wide. I’ve measured the ears on 5 other bucks killed in this area in the last 4 years and all were within 1/2” of 24”.
[Image: 2006muley1.jpg]

Here are some pictures I took in early August. This deer was about 500 yards from where I killed my deer. I believe it is the same deer or at least a deer with a very similar rack. The quality of the pictures isn't very good but I thought they were worth posting anyway.
[Image: 06Buck4.jpg]
[Image: 06Buck5.jpg]
[Image: 06Buck3.jpg]
[Image: 06Buck2.jpg]
[signature]
Brian that is a fine buck congrats. I finally drew here in NV but the hunting gods were not good to me. But it sure was great to get to hunt again. You all are very lucky to get out every year. Here I go again dang I miss ID.

PS I love the new look for the ID board hopefully I will see more hunting pics.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]That's a great buck! Would've shot him also. Congrats!!![/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I would have to agree with the itchy trigger finger, that is if you like a full freezer for the winter...

congrats, nice muley.
[signature]
Nice buck Brian!
[signature]
Anyone else have some hunting pictures to share?
It doesn't matter if they are old.
Sometime this winter I'll post some pictures of my deer from the last few years. Hopefully I'll have a picture of a nice bull elk to post by next week.
[signature]
Here's a few for ya.
[signature]
lunkerhunter2,

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I've done a fair amount of waterfowl hunting but haven't had as much time to hunt ducks and geese after getting married. I haven't even bought a waterfowl stamp the last two season.
Do you see many snow geese in N Utah when the season is open.
I've only seen one snow goose during hunting season in Eastern Idaho. In the spring it isn't all that uncommon to see large flocks of snow geese.
[signature]
lunkerhunter2

Noticed you have a toon in the PU. Do you use it for waterfoul and if so how well does it work and any concerns or hints. Thanks
[signature]
Hey Brian, in 2 days i saw over 2,000 snows at the Bear River Bird Refuge. The 3rd trip i saw none. They came through pretty fast. Last year there were 2 flocks at Harold S. Crane WMA that stayed till ice up. 10 Years ago i shot one in Hooper and there were about 1,000 2 weeks after the season closed. When i lived in Idaho, i saw a few in Hagerman. I know there are a few north of the BRBR. Hard to get at though.
[signature]
Hey there idahopanfish, i do use it for waterfowl, but i have only used it to get across a 10' deep canal to hunt the other side. It is alot easier than dragging my boat out there. I intend to use it next week to float a river that is mostly private on the banks but it is loaded with ducks and geese. The only legal way to hunt it is with a toon or boat and not touch the riverbed or get off of it. Utah's stupid tresspass laws.[mad]
I have thought about buying a big camo cover and motoring out into a pond and pass shooting birds. One day i will try it.
[signature]