Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OH River Locks
I spent the weekend shore fishing several locks on the Ohio River with BuletBobbers and jigs tipped with minnows and out caght others 3:1 just because my bait stayed out in the current and on top of the fish. The current gave it a little action. All Saugeye and one striper got put back for another day. It was my first time visting these places and great fun to do.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey BulBob,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]How far below the bobber do you hang your jig ? [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Also, do you use any other terminal tackle in conjunction with that ? [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]How exactly did you rig it ?[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Were you using spinning gear or casting ? Line size ?[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]OK, that's enough questions for now.[/size][/black]
[signature]
I was at 4FT below bobber but the current was holding it up some when planing. Cutting back and forth lets it drop to 4ft when it flips.

Actually I was using a closed face Johnson Century cause I was born with one in my hand! I use 6 lb. line and a 9 ft rod.

If there is a current you could fish with just a spool of line in your hand and steer it out to where you want. It works better then a pocket fisherman and packs a lot smaller and can reach a lot further if the current is workable.

You can slip rig it to fish deeper in the edies by removing the plug and using a split shot to set the minimum depth.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Cool ! [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Was there a lot of current when you were using it ? And were you casting across and down stream then working it back up, or did you just launch it and steer it to the place you wanted it to go ?[/size][/black]
[signature]
I was making long cast to get it out quicker to the spots but I did not need to cast many times! If you can reach the current you stay in the current.

I stay out of the very fast water. Like a kite in a thunderstorm.
[signature]