Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identify the species and win

I will mail a half a dozen of my favorite ice flies/ice fishing jigs to the first person that identifies all 11 species in the pictures below.
All of the species in the pictures below are found in Eastern Idaho with the exception of pictures 2 and 6.
The rules are:
#1 You need a registered user name to win.

#2 All eleven species in the pictures need to be identified in a single post before the end of November.

#3 Before you post your answer you must have made at least one other post on BFT Idaho within the last year under your registered username. It doesn't matter if the post was made only 5 minutes before you post your answer.

#4 If you don't identify all the species correctly the first try you can try again but you may only make one post per day.

#5 You don't have to name the exact strain of fish but you can't post a general answer like "trout" or "bass". An answer like "rainbow trout" or "cutthroat trout" will be sufficient. If you guess that a species is "Yellowstone cutthroat" and it is a "Bear Lake cutthroat" I will still count your answer correct because it is a a cutthroat trout.

I have 30+ more picture similar to these. I will post some other contests over the next several weeks.
Good luck.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19605;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19606;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19607;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19608;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19609;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19610;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19611;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19612;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19613;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19614;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=19615;]
[signature]
Great contest Brian. I looked over all the fish and there has to be a few that are the same species and some are hard to tell but here is my guess.
1. cutt, hard to tell if that is a cut under the throat or the color of a cutthroat.
2. Striper
3. Bluegill
4. Yellow perch
5. Rainbow
6. Striper, wasn't for sure about this one but the size made me think striper.
7. Smallmouth, and a nice one too.
8. Rainbow
9. Rainbow
10. Largemouth
11. Cutthroat
[signature]
1. breakfast
2. lunch
3. dinner
4. midnight snack
5. breakfast day two
6. lunch day two
7. dinner day two
8. breakfast day three
9. lunch day three
10. dinner day three
11. midnight snack day three

[Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue]
[signature]
1)Cutthroat Trout 2) Striped Bass 3) Green Sunfish 4) Yellow Perch 5)Rainbow Trout 6)Striped Bass 7)Smallmouth Bass 8)Rainbow Trout 9)Rainbow Trout 10)Largemouth Bass 11) Cutthroat Trout
[signature]
Both of you were able to identify most of the species correctly but didn't get them all. It is a little more difficult to identify the species with just pictures. When someone guesses them all correctly I post what body of water each of them were caught.
[signature]
Didnt fish1on guess them all correctly?[Wink]
[signature]
[size 1]1. Cutthroat.
2. Striper
3. Bluegill
4. Yellow perch
5. Cutthroat/Rainbow hybrid
6. Wiper
7. Smallmouth
8. Rainbow
9. Rainbow
10. Largemouth
11. Cutthroat [/size]
[signature]
Well Brian,
I may have moved to Iowa but still read the threads often. Sounds like fun. I'll give it a try
1.Cutthroat
2.Striped Bass
3.Blue Gill
4.Perch
5.Rainbow
6.Wiper
7.Smallmouth Bass
8.Rainbow
9.Rainbow
10.Largemouth
11.Cutthroat

Fight4not (I sure do miss Idaho)
[signature]
1. Hybred cutt/bow maybe from HL
2. Striper
3. Bluegill
4. Perch
5. Rainbow
6. Striper
7. SMB
8. Rainbow
9. Rainbow
10. LMB
11. Cutt
[signature]
Instead of Rainbow Trout for #8, is it a Chinook Salmon? I think I see a little black around the mouth.
[signature]
We have a winner.
Bigcat, send me the address you would like me to mail the ice flies/jigs. I might not get around to mailing them out until next week.
I'm about to post another set of pictures that I think will be more difficult.

fight4not,
Good to see you are still checking in.

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]#1 – Cuttbow (cutthroat/rainbow hybrid) aka Henry’s Lake Hybrid[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]#2 – Striped Bass – Lake Powell[/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]#3 – Bluegill – McTucker Ponds[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]#4 – Yellow Perch – Weston Reservoir[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]#5 – Rainbow Trout – Devil Creek Reservoir[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]#6 – Striped Bass – Lake Powell[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]#7 – Smallmouth Bass – Lake Powell[/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]#8 – Rainbow Trout – Deep Creek Reservoir[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]#9 – Rainbow Trout - American Falls Reservoir[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]#10 – Largemouth Bass – Lake Powell[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]#11 – Fine Spotted Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout – South Fork of the Snake River[/font][/size]
[signature]
Yeah!!! I win! Sent you a PM. Thanks for the contest!
[signature]
Good job Bigcat. I don't think identifing the species with just those pictures is near as easy as it first appears.
The next set of pictues has been posted in a different thread. I think it will be much more difficult. I'll be surprised if someone else guesses it correctly on their first try.
[signature]