Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salsa Boyz at Bear Lake w/pics ... 11-18-06
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Had a great day on Bear Lake today for the 2006 Annual Salsa Boyz party. BearLakeFishGuy’s fresh hot bread and raspberry jam got us off to a good start at the marina around 6:30 this morning. Most everyone be lined it for the rock pile. BLFG, however, launched and did a little fishing around the dikes for some whites but a little too early yet. He did however manage one nice cut. Then he motored over to the rock pile to meet up with the rest of us.

BLM and Petty4Life had just anchored up and P4l quickly boated a very nice mack … about 8-10 lb. range. Got us all licking our lips in hopes of doing the same.

But the morning fishing turned out to be quite slow. A few other small macks and a cut or two. But not much to ee-ha about.

We got quite the mixture of weather … a little snow, rain, breeze, and sun. The end of the day was very nice and water smooth.

The dinner bell rang about 12:30 and everyone broke out their goodies. There was salsa and chips, deer salami and crackers, chili, calico beans, and of course, FishingWaters HOT peppers. Pretty good vittles and fun. [/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][inline Lunch-1-400.gif] [/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][inline Lunch-2-400.gif]

[inline Lunch-3-400.gif]

Also, during lunch, we gave away a box of BFT prizes. Since Petty4L had caught the biggest fish by lunch, he got to choose what prize he wanted … a BFT boat flag. The rest of the prizes were given out by a drawing. And wouldn’t you know it, PFL got the second flag too!

After lunch, we all went back to the business of fishing. I will let you all post up your fishing reports but I will mention that BLM and Petty did pretty good over on the east side. And my little brother (Bait_Caster) whooped me once again. He picked up this little cut: [/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][inline BC-Cut-400.gif]

And then he put the steel to this very nice 12 1/2 lb. 30 inch lake trout. He is STILL psyched about that catch. Nothing like feeling those big boys strip line!: [/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][inline BC-Trophy-400.gif]

Here is our moderators P4L and BLM in the “Rang”:

[inline Our-Moderators-400.gif]

SpiderWelder and gang:

[inline SpiderWelder.gif]

Team MuskyHunter (nice to see a lady join us):
[/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][inline MuskyHunters-400.gif] [/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]HavingFun and Doc Flinn:[/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][/#002850][/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]>>> Try as I may, I can't seem to get this pic to display. Click on "Fun-&-Fin" down below <<<<<[/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]
BearLakeFishguy always enjoys life (especially when fishing):

[inline BLFG-400.gif][/#002850][/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]

Fishing Waters and gang:

[inline FishingWaters-400.gif]

FishOnLinch:

[inline FishOnLinch.gif] [/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]
I’d like to thank all those who showed up to make it fun … great food … cool prizes (from TheAngler), and a great day of fishing.

See ya all next year to see who takes the trophy belt from Bait_Caster![/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I was on my way home from work at 6:30 AM in a snow storm. I wondered how it was out on the pond. Well maybe next year I'll join ya. I plan on going out Wensday and Friday. I'll post a report. Later

Bodine
[signature]
Sounds like a fun day..[Sad]....I spent 11 hours at work.

I hope to make it next year. [unsure]

Nice catches petty and terry.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Was great to see everyone. Thanks to all who brought all the lunch fixin's. FishonLynch and his Pops, Craig, brought a FEAST and shared it with all! Thanks guys, that was awesome. Fishingwaters brought his usual pickled pepper blend and for those of you that have never tried it, the boy knows how to pickle his peppers! Great stuff.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Fishing for us was pretty good. We hit the rockpile, and both the west and east sides. We never caught anything great but we manage to boat well over 20 fish yesterday. Mostly cutts with half a dozen macks thrown in. Some of the cutts were real dandies too.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Thanks again to all![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
It was great to fish with all you guys,we ended up with a total of 4 cutts 1 on the rockpile and 3 out from the Marina all cought by the Mrs!! I couldnt buy a bite. Thanks Coot for the beans they were tasty. We fished the rest of the day up by the Marina untill 4 it sure turned off nice in the afternoon. Thanks again for a good get together! M.H.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 3] Man, I was wish'in that we could have been there. But I made my Granddaughter a promise that I would be at her baptism yesterday.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 3] Sounds like there were a few nice fish caught yesterday,but seems like terry had the hot stick for the Big Boy. Way to go Terry,you got love that fight and I know you did. Congrats my friend. Well we will be there next year. Glad to hear that all had a great time, as usual.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Ralph et. al.,
What a great day on the Big Blue Pond. I want to thank everyone for the friendship, fun, and of course the food. The chili was awesome and the peppers were too. Not to mention Ralph's beans. (Hey!--how about PM'ing the recipe? I bragged about it to my wife and she thought it sounded great and wants to try it) The whitefish are definitely not in yet but there are some cutts hanging around the outside of the marina. I talked to my friend who was bank-tangling from shore on Sat. morning after we all departed and he caught two 18-20" cutts casting spoons from shore. I should of hit the new rockpiles just north of the marina but I didn't and went home to watch Michigan lose a heartbreaker to Ohio State. Excuse me while I'm in mourning. Hopefully there will be a rematch for the national champion in the BCS. Anyway, a great day. Thanks also goes out to "the angler" for the prizes which made having a drawing out on the lake all that much more fun. Passing out prizes to other boats with my landing net was a hoot. For those who missed out you should plan on this outing for next year. I'm still wondering what all the people who have homes/cabins on Sweetwater Hill were thinking when they looked out on the "rockpile" and saw about 8 boats all tied up together when we were having lunch. "Did they find another body?" or maybe "we should call the sheriff to find out what's going on out on the lake". LOL
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Wow: What a great day. It was nice to add some faces to names, Good to meet FishonLinch,& Pops! Also good to finily meet Team Musky hunter. Great morning starter: (Withou naming names) with fresh Hot Home made bread & Raspberry jam, to all that helped by bringing the tasty viddles for the lunch'n. And thanks to the "Angler" for raising the Salsa Boyz outing a notch higher! With a box of goodies to give out. By the way P4L what would it take to get one of your lucky flags!! LOL. Little did I know that after lunch, my day was going to raise to another level. The fish Gods was pointing in my direction, Landed a nice cutt, which was sweet, then wet my line again & hooked up for a "Hart-Pumping" tug-o-war. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[inline Trophy--Belt-!.gif]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Ya got to love that feeling: Line stripping, Reel zipping, & the fight is on.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] Thanks to Old_Coot for his handy work on the net operation, What an awesome out come.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks to Old_Coot for inviting me to ride shoot gun. [/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] And I must say this Salsa outing is gaining momentum!! Every year. Keep it going:[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]It was cool to see so many anglers, dedicated to the same sport, on the rock pile. Looking across the water seeing boat after boat, anglers and poles wetti'n there lines everyware! "Sweet"[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] I feel honored to have the Heavy weight "Trophy-Belt" on my shelf for the next year.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font] [font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Man, I'm still pumped!! Thanks to Old_Coot & everyone,for another great Salsa Boyz get together. This BFT Utah board "Rocks".[/size][/font]
[signature]
i won a shirt and 2 flags gave the shirt to someone in spiderwelders boat and fishonlynch got one of my flags so terry if you want the other one its yours
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Hey Petty, Terry caught the biggest fish so he deserves it! Terry, You'll have to let us know your secrets for taggin' those monsters. Dr. Flinn was right, if you want to catch the big fish you need to go with Old Coot![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]I had a great time on the Big Blue with everyone. Thanks to Havingfun for the ride. I can’t wait to get my boat going. It was nice to meat more of the gang and have lunch on the water with everyone. Looks like I need to go again, I can't have Baitcaster beating me with that monster Mack he caught. Here are some Pics, enjoy. Hope I got all the names right.[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3][/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[inline Havingfun.jpg]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Here's the Cutt Havingfun caught near the rockpile.[/size][/blue][/font]
[inline "Baitcaster - Oldcoot.JPG"]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]This is what a Fish Conjurer looks like, way to go Baitcaster and Old_Coot ![/size][/blue][/font]
[inline Fishonlynch.JPG]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]I think this is Fishonlynch handing food to Fishingwaters, thanks for the eats ![/size][/blue][/font]
[inline Wiperhunters.JPG]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Good to have Mrs. Wiperhunter along, my honey said she would go next time.[/size][/blue][/font]
[inline Bearlakefishguy.JPG]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Bearlakefishguy passing prizes over to Fishingwatters.[/size][/blue][/font]
[inline Fishingwatters.JPG]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Part of the gang after lunch, Fishingwaters & Fishonlynch.[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3][/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Like I said before I can't wait to get back up on the Blue.[/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]
Hey guy's thanks for another great salsa boy's party on the big blue. (FOOD WAS AWSOME) we all had a bast so we staid over night to try Sun morn, but those cold temps killed the batterie's.
Congrats to Batecaster on the hog of the day. It was good to see every body again.Can't waite to get back up there to get this BL skunk off me.
[Smile] SpiderWelder

P.S. GO JAZZ!!!
[signature]
thats it im throwing out the gontlant. BLM and I against Baitcaster and Old_Coot. Biggest and most fish wins[Tongue] LOL
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Oh, we will, will we? Thanks for asking me if I want to participate in your shenanigans![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Let me think about this now … my boat’s luck against your boat’s knowledge and experience ... hummmm

Or let me put it another way … Is it wise for a student to compete with his accomplished teacher and mentor? I think not. That would be foolish even with a 5 lb. handicap.

Thanks but no thanks … You two guys are way out of our league.

For now, my boat will just bask it it’s little streak of good luck for a while.[/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Ya know, come to think of it, out of the 4 trips I have made to BL this season, I personally have only caught one mack. It was a nice one, but that's still not much of a record to be braggin' about.

Meanwhile, looking forward to trying for more mack luck Friday the day after Thanksgiving. Every year, the day after Thanksgiving, I have a tradition of fishing Bear Lake in celebration of the time BLM first introduced mack fishing to me four years ago.[/#002850][/size][/font]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=21034#21034"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=21034#21034[/url]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]I think of that day every time I hit Bear Lake. I remember him teaching me much that day and still learn from him when possible.[/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I'll be back at it Friday too. We'll see you there bright and early.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I didn't realize Petty was your accomplished teacher and mentor![/size][/font]
[signature]
[Wink]Had a great day on the blue lake. Thanks to Old Coot and those that joined for the lunch. Good friends and good food. My dad & I just trolled around. Caught 1 cutt at 80ft at 2 mph. We were using broken back rapalas. Travis

[inline "Salsa Boyz Nov 18 007a.jpg"]

[inline "Salsa Boyz Nov 18 008.jpg"]

[inline "Salsa Boyz Nov 18 009a.jpg"]

[inline "Salsa Boyz Nov 18 015a.jpg"]

[inline "Salsa Boyz Nov 18 016a.jpg"]

[inline "Salsa Boyz Nov 18 017.jpg"]

[inline "Salsa Boyz Nov 18 018.jpg"]

[inline "Salsa Boyz Nov 18 001a.jpg"]
Hey ol coot I will be with BLM also on the day after Thanksgiving to give BL a thrashing. Hope to see you there .

If you know; talk about it; If not; Shut up![shocked]
[signature]