Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing Palisades lake
Does anyone know if PaliSades still has decent ice fishing? Haven't been there in 15 years, but now that I'm back in Idaho, would definitely like to fish near Bear Creek, if its still good.

I know it got extremely low for a number of years, but I'm not sure how that affected the fish population.
[signature]
PaliSades Reservoir was hurt by the drought but there are still plenty of fish in there. 2006 was a better water year for PaliSades. If I have time I would like to ice fish it this winter. The fishing was pretty good the one time I was there last year.
[signature]
I fish at PaliSades about two to three times every winter. Honestly it is hit or miss and it is all about finding the 45 minute bite. I go before dawn till 10:00 am or right before sunset till about 10:00 pm with a lantern. I rarely get skunked, and I am always looking for the feeding frenzy. Pink or white glow in the dark jigs around 15-18 feet of water has worked well for me. Just in case if you forgot always bring a board the first step is a hard one. Many of time have a sent with one frozen leg.

OvidCreek
[signature]
I have an unconfirmed report of a 30lb brown coming out of PaliSades just before it iced over in late November. A friend of mine saw the picture of it on some guys cell phone. I will try to get more info on this. I fish PaliSades in the summer and it is not an easy lake to catch fish consistantly on. There will definatly be enough ice !! It has been below zero every night lately.
[signature]
Unconfirmed, Jacksonlaker! Keep me posted on the facts if you don't mind. Would this not be an Idaho State Record for a Brown Trout? Even if it is not a (30) pounder, it must still be a hell of a fish!

Do cell phones lie?[Wink]
[signature]
When I used to fish paliSades, I fish right off the rocky point where Big Elk dumps in. I used to run rapalas up and down the bank (about30 yards off shore) pretty deep, and also jig and bait fish in the same area. Hooked some very large fish, a couple that snapped me off clean on 8# test without a struggle. Not sure if they were browns or macks, and not sure if ther are still in there after all the drought. You might give it a shot, though, and it might be a good spot for ice fishing.
[signature]
Jacksonlaker,

If you can find any more information about that Brown, I would like to here about it. It would be a new state record if they had it weighed on an offical scale.

Kingfisheral,

Welcome back and thanks for the update.
[signature]