Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry 11-25-06
Got over to Chicken Creek East about 7:00 am. Started with float tube about 7:30 am. Fishing was was great for the first 3 hours. Didn't really count how many caught. But I know over twenty fish. All fish were cutts. I did keep two that were 15 inches. The rest were 15 - 20 inches. Water temperature was 38-40 degrees. I'm not sure about outside temperature. Although, when I did land a fish, the water that was splashed on the float tube iced up immediately. As well as my glasses. Anyway, it was all worth it. I was using a 3 inch white tube jig with gray specks and also the glow in dark. I tipped the jigs with chub meat or red shiners. The chub meat seemed to work better. Most were caught at the bottom. If you can locate them and start verticle jigging you'll have a blast. Most were caught in 15-40 feet of water. There were also alot of fish that were suspended right under the float tube. I would reel up and start jigging, and actually watch the cutts take the jig. One thing that was surprising. There was no wind. It was great.
[signature]
Thanks for the report hookit... One thing, if ya kept 2 15"'ers then you kept 2 fish that were in the slot. [Sad] Any cut 15"-22" must be released.

Glad you had some good luck. [Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 3] Was there anyone shorefishing that you could see? I was courious if that would be any good right now?[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
There was another report of someone doing well with powerbait, but I am not sure if he was from shore or not. [Smile]
[signature]