Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got ice?
Had a thin layer of ice on smaller lakes just 2 weeks ago. Today got into the 50's so definitely no ice around. But the next several days are supposed to be below freezing. So we just may get what we have been wanting here in the Twin Cities area. ICE! Anybody up north got any ice still?
[signature]
We still have ice but not alot of ice. Its been way to warm and I noticed some lakes opening up in the middle.(NOT GOOD[Sad])
[signature]
Yea we got ice just not enough to walk on yet as i found out just how thin it was yesterday after noon when i desided to take a closer look and fell though i was in about 6' of water my feet never hit bottom i was very lucky i could have been a little farther out then i would have been in big trouble it's not woth it this time of the year thinkint i'll wait till after this weekend and try to hit it hard from then on out..
Jon @ iceman guides
Where abouts are you located iceman?
[signature]
Iceman , Leave it up to you !! LOL !!!
There is some people getting out , I ve heard of one lake with 4 inches that people were fishing on !! Iceman , be safe and don't feed the fish and turtles , if you know what I mean !!

[signature]
[reply]
Where abouts are you located iceman? [/reply]
Staples,Mn
[Tongue] Where is Staples anyway ???

[signature]
[reply]
[Tongue] Where is Staples anyway ???

. [/reply]
About 20 mles due east of Wadena [Smile]
[signature]
well heres a little ice report for the ones that hav't got out yet..

many of the lakes that have fished the last few days are starting to turn black well at least the the top 2 "
then theres the good clear ice down below i'd say a few of them have 6-9'' ..

i'll be heading over to big sandy early sat morning for a get togher i'd kinda put togher..
then it's down to carlos to see the ice teams weaigh in..
[signature]
This past weekend most spots on most lakes had 7-8 inches of ice, but with this rain and warm temps be careful.
[signature]