Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Fishing Guide
[cool][#0000ff]DWR has changed the nomenclature of the "Proclamation" to the "Fishing Guide". Nice touch. The 2007 printed edition is not yet finished but if you have Adobe Reader you can check it out [url "http://wildlife.utah.gov/proclamations/"]AT THIS LINK[/url] in a PDF file. Just go down the list to the 2007 Fishing Guide.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sure glad for the change. I got tired of having to keep looking up to see if it was spelled Proclamation or Proclomation.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Junior, I'll bet that you know someone who knows someone at DWR...and they made that change just for you. Hope you're happy. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]They also got your unlimited two pole permit thing right in the new Fishing Guide too. Thanks for setting them straight.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'll be consulting you early this spring to get some new proposals into the system.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
The question regarding whether or not someone under 14 must also purchase a regular license in order to purchase a second pole permit is clearly answered. The answer is yes they must also purchase a regular fishing or combination license.
[signature]
[size 1][#0000ff]"They also got your unlimited two pole permit thing right in the new Fishing Guide too. Thanks for setting them straight."[/#0000ff][/size]
[#0000ff][size 1][/size][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][size 1]Senior, not quite right. My proposal was two poles allowed everywhere except for the community ponds. I don't fish them (except for the rare trip to Bountiful Lake) but those ponds already get hammered to death without half, or more, of the anglers casting out two rods.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
I like how they explained the markings for cutts at the bottom of page 20 and top of 21 for fishing strawberry waters.

I know there was a very good post previously a couple months ago but now that it's in the regulations we shouldn't have to worry about that any longer.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That is a good example of the reputation and credibility we have at BFT. Between the article that Brett Prettyman wrote, and the thread we had on BFT, we got DWR's attention and they took steps to correct the problem. Of course we can't take all the credit, but we sure helped add to the unfavorable publicity from people getting tickets for keeping rainbows.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The next step...potentially...is to make the slot across the board for both rainbows and cutts. That would totally eliminate any chance for misunderstandings.[/#0000ff]
[signature]