Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs and Cats
Hi, my dear fishing friends!I have one question for everyone did You ever try to catch carp with dog or cat food .Try it ,they love it!!!!Ime[Wink]
[signature]
thanks for the tip ! i'll be trying out a whole lot of different techneques this year , i'll put this on the list ! whats your favorite type of fish to catch ?

your pal , lonehunter
[signature]
Hi my friend!!!My favorite fish is carp,and walley.For walley I use live bait,for carp almoust everything.
[signature]

Hey there Ime,

Hummm I wonder what a cat food fly would look like. Barbless of course!

JapanRon
[signature]
waleye is so much fun to catch , do you belong to a club that fishes for them or do you go out with the family or alone ? we have a lot aof walleye groups and clubs here in michigan . some of these guys have boats and equipment that cost more than a house would . they have fishing tournaments that give out $100,000.00 dollars and more , just to catch the walleye ! me i catch them for the dinner plate !

your pal , lonehunter
[signature]
What kind of dog/cat food do you use? How do I get hard stuff to stay on my hook? Or do you use canned?

Any other tips out there will come in handy. Every year out here in Minnesota at Coon Rapids Dam, they have a "Carp Festival" with a Carp catching contest. The winner usually gets a new boat and Dodge Caravan. I heard that one year some guy won by dipping his crawlers in strawberry jelly.

Thinkin' about entering this year. Your tips, tricks, tackle preferences, and whatever else will come in very handy!
[signature]
Hi my friend!Its very easy to do!You can make a small hole in the "hard thing"or sometime they allready have one.If you put meny food on hook ,they will sink,a little food will float.If You see that carp is active or feading at the surface,try this its very effective.The reasons is that dog and cat food are have very strong flavor .But carp is very suspicious it will be very difficult to catch one ,because the bait is new!!Please tell me the way you catch carp in America.
[signature]
I like to go carp fishing on hot lazy days.

I eather fish from the bank of the river or the shore of the lake.

we have a product on the shelves in our supermarkets call shredded weat, made by nabisco. (it is a breakfast serial)

I go to the lake or river where I am going to fish, take a hand full of shredded weat, mash it in to a dogh ball in my hand by putting a little water in my hand over top of the shredded weat.

I then form the dogh ball over a long shank number 4 or larger hook, (not leaving any hook showing)

on the river I cast in to my favorite hole, on the lake I cast out as far as I can.

I put a pole holder or use a deviening rod (forked branch) as a prop to hold my pole some what upright, and I place a bell on the end of the rod, (so I dont have to constantly look at the end of the rod.

I wait till the bell starts to gingle, I take the bell off and wait for my pole to bend over before grabbing hold of the rod and hold on for dear life as them 30-40 pount carp try to pull me in to the drink.
[signature]
HEY DAVE, THAT,S A GOOD ONE. I GENERALLY MAKE MY PIE DOUGH. FOR MY TROUT IN THE STREAM OR THE HORN POUT. THIS IS A LOT EASIER.!! LESS THAN MAKIN A PIE HAHA I,M GONNA GIVE THIS A TRY INSEAD! THANKS LATER[laugh][cool][Smile]
[signature]
HEY THERE IME, THIS SOUNDS GOOD TOO! I,M GONNA TRY IT FOR TROUT IN MY BROOKS TOO LONEHUNTER I LIKE WHAT YOUR RIDIN HAHA CUTE[cool][Smile][laugh]
[signature]
Did your mother knows that you are on internet!!Hahahahaha[Smile][Wink]Did you already eat the pie!?[Sad]
[signature]
i haven,t made the pie yet haahhaha but if i make the dough i can use it for the pie haha!! not for fishin [Smile][laugh][cool]yes ma knows haha. she always knows she always had eyes in the back of hwer head when i was little and now. haha
[signature]
[Smile]i,m gonna make a cherry cheesecake today you want some??? haha my hound is hungry so he,ll have his dog food today. with some cornbread. lonehunter you been fishin? huntin? try the dogfood on that. haha ice one. we don,t have any fishin clubs here. don,t know why. too bad maybe i,d take up walleye fishin with all those good prizes haha later guys [cool][laugh]
[signature]
hey ime don,t think i was foolin ior makin fun i think this sounds so easy and with the different flavors and types as asmany fish breeds there are i don,t know why they wouldn,t take it as well as the carp! i mean it. why not my trout? see we only have the connecticut river up here for fishin walleye and carp. i don,t have a boat and to try to fish them would be hard and i can,t git to where i need to go for em. there is a dam they let in and out so when it,s low where i need to git to is out in the middle otf the river for em. and if the water rizes i,m screwed i,d be drowned so to me it,s hard fishin em. i did hook on to one when i was about 6 and it dearn near pulled me in. he came up out of the water nad i couldn,t believe how big it was!!! haha almost big as me.!!haha but you can try the pie dough too! that works good too. on probably anythin i ,ve always fished my brooks and ponds for trout cause that,s all i have up here to git to. walleye arein the river but its the same situation for me too.with the carp so see everyplace is different. i,m in vt. but we all can learn from each other. i,m new too!! take care have fun no matter what your doin!! [Smile][cool][laugh]
[signature]
Hi Lou!! First I apologise for "bad behavior"!!![blush]I admit that using pets food for bait sounds very stupid,but it works here.Realy!!Just like You said ,its important that We have fun.I wish You a nice fishing days EVERYTIME.Your friend IME
[signature]
you too!!!!! haaha seems though you,d need maybe a slidin sinker to fish down wouldn,t ya? then that way it,d be in the middle so you can fish in betwixt huh? and keep it down? i do that with the salmon eggs for trout. you didn,t have no bad manners so don,t worry bout it ok? it,s just we don,t know where everybiody is and we all got different situations in order to do the fishins we love to do. but i am gonna try it for trout bait. we use to be able to use kernal corn up here for trout. but the fish and game said it clooged fishes intestines so we couldn,t use it anymore. and don,t forgit everystate is different as far as regulations. so i,ll have to check in and see if it is ok. there,s alot of things to learn. later mary take care[Smile][cool][laugh] see even females that make pies fish rather than COOK!!! HAHAHAH
[signature]
Thanks guys! [Wink] You've been a great help so far! When you're fairly new to fishin' and don't have a partner to teach you the ropes, all y'alls suggestions come in handy! Wish it were legal to fish more than one line at a time here. I'd give all the suggestions a try at the same time.

Now wouldn't that be somethin'? Try three different things at once, get a bite on all three at just about the same time. I'd definitely be swimmin' with the fishies! [crazy]

Haha! Catch ya cats later!
[signature]
that,s a good one haha we can only fish with two poles and i,ve been there done that too haha so ya just hope one hooks itself haha. that way ya can take him home to eat!!! haha i think i,m gonna try the meow mix!! it has holes in it and different flavors, tigger likes it so he can have some for supper and we,ll have the trout! cool tigger and the hound love fish too. on,y louie,s likin em cooked now haha. my jake use to steal em and eat em raw. not even cleaned haha head first!! jake was water spaniel and beagle mix! what a hound. [Smile][cool][laugh]
[signature]