Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Reports 2006-07
Please post the current ice thickness in your area! If possible, please include lake names/county names. We all know that one lake could have 10 inches of ice and another only 3 inches. Heck, the same lake could vary even more than that! If you have such knowledge, please share. Thanks!
[signature]
Ottertail Lake 4"-6" Clear and very hard..
[signature]
Thanks for the report Iceman! Now that we're getting some good ice quickly, certainly hope that your guiding business does well this winter.
[signature]
union lake, oakland county,

less than minus one inch of ice.

with lows in the twenties for the next week, maybe a week and a half we will be able to step on something.
[signature]
We have 6-7 inches on most lake here in northern Minnesota. I'm going fishing saturday and bringing the fourwheeler.
[signature]
be careful,

last year at this time we had three deaths in northern wisconson on the same day, a man and his 5 year old doughter while ice skating, and twenty miles away from that insodent a boy went though on his quad.
[signature]
Its stories like this that make me want to wait until the ice is at least 18 inches thick. The report I received at Vados today was that in the twin cities area, most lakes are 3-5 inches... larger lakes having as low as 2 inches.
[signature]
Most lakes are getting ice fished here in central Minn , ice between 4 to 8 inches , and its getting below 0 tonite !! BRRRRRR !!!!

[signature]
On the local pond (Long Lake in New Brighton) the ice was 6-9 inches... depending on where you were. Of course, I didn't check in the area where the creeks flow into the lakes.
[signature]
Hiya drowneddesertrat we got 6 inches on rice and mooney in plymouth, mabye we get out on tuesday eh [Smile]

MT
[signature]
Hiya MT! Didn't expect to see you here. Tuesday won't work very well for me. I work until 6pm, then head straight over to Biolife Plasma services and am there until around 8pm. But thanks for the offer, Pilgrim. That was mighty kind of ya. My best day's to get out are Friday's during the day, Saturday afternoon/evening, and right now Sunday afternoon/evening's.
[signature]
After a few weeks of warm weather heres a new little report..
some lakes lost there ice all togher and some lost as much as 2''-4'' ..

Big Sandy - 4''-6''
Lake Carlos - 5''-8'' on half of the lake while the the south half is still open as of 12/10/06

more reports to come this weekend i'll be out ...

Hey MT wellcome to Big Fish Tackle !!
[signature]
Thanks for the report Iceman! It's definitely needed with the iffy weather we've been having. Certainly hope yesterday's rain/sleet/snow fall didn't mess up the ice any more than it already was.
[signature]
Haven't been out to check the ice for a couple of weeks now but with this week of sub-zero temps I'm sure there are trucks out on the ice.

MT, what's your experience been lately?
[signature]
There's about two feet up here.
[signature]
wheres here ?
[signature]
If its in Minnesota , I belive it is 10 miles from Orr !!

[signature]
Recently hit Long and Pike Lakes in Ramsey Cty. Both are averaging 20 inches, however, Long has areas of thin ice marked.
I saw first hand how the ice thickness can vary from area to area on a lake. I recently fished Lake Johanna in Ramsey County. The area I fished had about 30 inches of ice. The other area I checked out on the south end of the lake barely had 13 inches of ice. You can believe I quickly got back in the truck and left that area.
[signature]