Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southeast Idaho Lakes
Does anybody know if the lakes around Preston are safe to fish on yet? I want to get out but I want to make sure if it safe. Also have you heard anything about Montpelier?

Thanks,
C&R
[signature]
When I was at Montpelier at Thanksgiving it was half way frozen. It has been really cold in Bear Lake and I would say with confidence that Montpelier is ready; at the very least the dam + 100 yards should really be safe.

I want to hit Deep Creek Res. perhaps this weekend, so I have the same question?

Ovid Creek
[signature]
Thanks for the update.
The guy fishing with bait/3 poles at Treasureton sure was being risky. After making a cell phone call it doesn't take long for a F&G officer or police officer to show up. Judges are not just giving you a slap on the wrist for something like that anymore. Several hundred dollar fines or worse just isn't worth it.
[signature]
I had thought about going up to Treasureton this year and I knew about the bait thing, but I didn't know the restriction on the # of rods. I thought Idaho's was a 5 pole limit? Any help would be great!
[signature]
Welcome back kicknbass,

The general regulations state that you may use 5 poles while ice fishing. However, you need to check "exception" section of the regulations for any body of water you fish. Check page 54 of the fishing regulations for Treasureton Reservoir.
Here's a link to the regulations just incase you don't have any with you.
[url "http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/fish/rules/"]http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/fish/rules/[/url]
There are also signs at Treasureton that clearly state "only one pole when ice fishing".
Sometimes all of the rules get confusing. It has been a few years but I have inadvertently broken a few fishing regulations.
Don't forget to pinch your barbs.
Good luck, hope you catch a big one.
[signature]
Thanks for the update. I just want to make sure I do it right. Hopefully I will catch something.
[signature]
kicknbass you slacker! Get back to work!!
You won't be catching anything when I'm fishing with you 'cause they like my hook better : )

I think the ice is almost thick enough...
[signature]
That is if? you get to go fishing. I'll believe it when I see it. When are going to fish idaho anyway.
[signature]
Trophy waters ice fishing 1 pole no baits or scents. Single barbless hooks and fish have to be 20" or larger.
[signature]