Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing info
hey everybody,

It's Paul. I would just like to say thanks for the information on the lakes around my area so I would like to tell you all the success I had. First off I live in Iowa by the Mississippi and lake Killdeer was some of the best fishing ever. I caught so many Bass, Crappie, and Pike that I could hardly fit them in my all 3 buckets to get them home to put them in the pond. And those spots on the river were great especially Bagley Pool. I caught lots of Pike and Largemouth. I just wanted to say thanks for all the help you gave me in looking for places to fish. if you want to know where some of the spots and holes are and somesecret spots send me an e-mail at [url "mailto:CRF203RIDER@yahoo.com"]CRF203RIDER@yahoo.com[/url] Thanks Again, Paul
[signature]
be carfule, transplanting fish or just driving down the road with a live fish is ilegal in some states.

if you are trying to creat a back yard fish pond there are numorus fish farms you can buy from with literiture to help manage the pond as well.

I plan on b;uilding one myself in my new home just as soon as I get moved.

if you need help in finding a fish farm near you give me a hollar

I am glad to hear you wont go hungry with your new found skill.[cool]
[signature]
good deal there fisherman 14 , i'm really proud of you ! your doing the right thing !

lonehunter
[signature]
I know what you mean. Here it's illegal to transport live fish. The penalties are stiff. I'd rather live a peaceful life of fishing than having to pay huge sums of money and lose my fishing priviledges over something like bringing live fish home. Heh, of course, I did get away with it a couple of times before I found out it was illegal. Put them little critters in my aquarium and watched them grow almost to plate size. Ever have a sunny eat worms out of your hand? Quite an exciting experience!

But you'll never catch me doin' that again. Don't wanna get in trouble. Next time I want a local fish in an aquarium, I know where to go. A pet store up the road sells them.
[signature]
give me a major city and state and I will pull up up for you.
[signature]
Hello Fisherman14,

Wow! That sounds like a real challenge! Lets here some details on the pond you biult? Is it as big of a project as it sounds like? What are some of the challenges? Have you had much success with the fish you've planted getting big?

Although it would be pretty immpossible for me to biuld a pond at my current house it does sound like something I would like to do in the future. Is your pond supplied by a natrual water source (besides rain)? I am a big fan of aquriums and would love to have a giant aqurium/pond that I could catch and release at?

Question (for anyone): If you had a pond and raised a record book fish which you then caught, Is it actually a record?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
sorry I took so long to reply, hope these help, if they are not what you are looking for let me know and I will reset my peramiters and do a different search

[url "http://redirect-west.inktomi.com/click?u=http://sandersfishfarm.micronpcweb.com/&amp;amp;y=0290EEF4C02D08A5&amp;amp;i=41&amp;amp;c=1029&amp;amp;q=02%5ESSHPM%5BL7yvlw%3Fy~mrl%3Frvllvllvoov6&amp;amp;e=utf8&amp;amp;r=1&amp;amp;d=www-en-us&amp;amp;n=88BK5H6QILDJTNUV&amp;amp;s=3090&amp;amp;t=&amp;amp;m=3E5BE69C&amp;amp;x=01271E5FEB366E0A"][#0000ff]Sanders Fish Farm - Farm-raised catfish fingerlings in Cleveland, Mississippi - You Won't Find a Finer Fingerling![/#0000ff][/url] We have 30 million catfish in 360 acres of artifiicial pond. You won't find a finer fingerling!
sandersfishfarm.micronpcweb.com

[url "http://redirect-west.inktomi.com/click?u=http://dunnsfishfarm.com/&amp;amp;y=02B4CCB10C73CB54&amp;amp;i=41&amp;amp;c=1044&amp;amp;q=02%5ESSHPM%5BL7yvlw%3Fy~mrl%3Frvllvllvoov6&amp;amp;e=utf8&amp;amp;r=0&amp;amp;d=www-en-us&amp;amp;n=88BK5H6QILDJTNUV&amp;amp;s=3090&amp;amp;t=&amp;amp;m=3E5BE69C&amp;amp;x=017812C3DCCD1CA8"][#0000ff]Fish For Pond And Lake Stocking - Dunns Fish Farms of Arkansas[/#0000ff][/url] bass bluegill coppernose redear crappie catfish minnows triploid diploid grass carp Texas Oklahoma North Carolina South Carolina Louisiana Mississippi New Mexico Missouri Alabama New Mexico Nebraska

[url "http://www.cei.net/~tsfarms"][#0000ff]LITTLE LAKE FISH FARMS[/#0000ff][/url] PRODUCERS OF POND RAISED CATFISH WE ALSO SUPPLY CATFISH 'FRY' AND 'FINGERLINGS' Click on picture for full page view. We sell catfish fry and fingerlings. Our prices are competitive. We can arrange transport to any location in the continental U.S.
[url "http://www.cei.net/~tsfarms"]www.cei.net/~tsfarms[/url]

[url "http://www.suttlefish.com/"][#0000ff]suttle fish farm[/#0000ff][/url] Suttle Fish Farm is state licensed for the selling of game fish to stock lakes and ponds. The fish hatchery was first licensed in 1987 by the Mississippi Fish and Wildlife. We are one of the oldest fish farms licensed in Mississippi.
www.suttlefish.com
[signature]
these places are a little to far away but thatnks for trying

P.S do you know where i can get free fishing gear for my friend so he can fish.
[signature]
I just wanted to make sure thAT EVERY ONE knew that all those fish were legal an all the pike were let go. sorry for the late info.
[signature]
hey there buddy , we have loads of contests and fishing links and product testing here , have him sign up too , just like you did . fishing reports from your area are a great way to start . sign up for the product testers board too , links can get you to other pramotional spots as well . my home board , michigan , might have a announcement soon , it might be of intrest you .

on your other post , just follow your states rules and regulations , you'll do alright . i can see you are headed in the right direction .
[signature]
hey lone hunter, im new to this site and i was wondering if you could show me where those product test were and if you had any other info

thanks
[signature]
shure thing pal , on the black bar above , see resourses , hold your mouse arrow on that ( it has a pull down menu ) go to where it says message boards and click on that . it will display all the message boards for you , including product testers . others you might want to check out are tips and tackle , contests and winners , and sponsors and advertisers , there 's a whole bunch everywhere , even on the state boards . i'll keep looking for groups in your area that may help you more , joining a local fishing club is your best bet . lonehunter
[signature]
[shocked] That's quite a pond you must have! With all them fish in there, is there room for water? Haha. J/K.

I don't know about you guys but my ultimate dream is to have a pond that's fed by a stream. But not only that, have it so that from the basement of the house you can look into the pond like a giant aquarium. I'd love to have it deep enough and large enough to be able to slip on some SCUBA gear and swim with the fish.

Wish me luck in getting the money to do this!
[signature]
great dream, I had one like that when I was a kid, it was 60 feet wide and a hundred yards long and 25 feet deep.

when I get to tennessee I am planning on building me a pond 25 feet deep and 100 feet in diamiter.

my dream pond will consist of hybrid blue gills. 14 inchers [cool]

one gill will be enough for a dinner for two.

a frend of mine built one out of a spring comming out of the side of the mountain

he built a two pond system both are about 25 feet deep and ten feet wide and 50 feet long.

in the first pond he puts trout fry in the second pond conected to the first pond by a 6 inch pvc pipe he put machein cloth on the up side to keep the trout from passing untill he opens it to let them go down to the next pond.

when he opens it the all go through in about a two days. so when they are large enough for dinner he opens the gate, lets them pass and then plants new fry in the first pond.

yes he dose have to feed them every day to keep them from eating each other, but it is no harder than feeding chickens.
[signature]