Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLaming Gorge Ice?
Does anyone out there have any current info on the ice at Flaming Gorge? I would like to try through the ice at Lucerne Bay this winter.

Thanks

fdg
[signature]
The Doug Miller show said that Linwood bay was getting some skim ice last week, but I havent heard if it is continuing. I hope it does, I love to fish that area. BIG MACKS. According to my fishing log, it was about this time last year that it froze, but it only stayed on for about 3 weeks or so.
[signature]
I just got back from the gorge yesterday. Nothing in Utah is frozen. Very little in Wyoming is frozen. We went all the way up to Buckboard. There was a little bit of ice in some of the bays and right in front of the marina, but that was it.
[signature]
Hey Jazz, welcome to the site.
[signature]
Good to have you on the board Jazz, thanks for the report. Did you do any fishing while you were at the Gorge, if you did, did you have any luck? We look forward to your future post. WH2
[signature]
Just F.Y.I.

Last year was the first in 10 years that Linwood froze to safe, fishable, ice. The boat ramps on either side of Linwood are a different story however. They usually freeze to a beautiful shimmering sheet. Not the water around the ramps, just the ramps. Launching a boat in January is usually quite an adventure without chains.
[signature]